Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano Ice Tec rotor in 6 bolt?
  • sam_underhill

My old XTR / XT combo of brakes / shifters is seriously old. Not knackered yet, but it’s only a matter of time. With almost certainty I’ll splash out on some of those nice XTR trail brakes.

Just wondering if anyone knows if Shimno are likely to do the Ice Tec rotors in a 6 bolt fitting at any time? My new new AM classic hubs are not going to be swapped out just so I can use a special rotor.

sam_underhill

I suspect that’s a no then?

Mister-P
    Free Member

AFAIK there won’t be an XTR 6 bolt rotor. XTR is about weight saving and centrelock hubs & rotors are the lightest combination.

When this technology trickles down the groupsets there may be a 6 bolt version but I am just speculating.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I’ve just received my Race versions… and I’ve got Crest hope hoops so can only have 6 bolt, cant find any news or thoughts on 6bolt Ice tech so Im going to run Hope floating rotors as they’re a pretty good weight.

sam_underhill

I’ve got some current XT 6 bolt rotors (the ones on the dark grey spiders). I guess they’ll do fine.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I have the trail version xtr coming tomorrow and i’ll be running them with the 6 bolt XT floating rotors. Very excited to see how they compare to the M970s.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

That’s my new M988 brakes all plumbed in and set up with my old RT76 rotors and they are mega! The new 1.5 finger levers are super short so look a little goofy, but they feel perfect and have a good amount more oomph than the outgoing M970s… Sure the Ice Tech rotors would be nice, but I imagine they will only make a difference if you’re really boiling your brakes. I’m more than happy with this set up! Until of course in another four years a newer model comes out 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Ice Tec rotor in 6 bolt?’ is closed to new replies.