Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Shimano 203 adapter
  • bitterlemon
    Free Member

Hi has anyone fitted one of these? The instructions say use the wire method to secure the bolts but wire wasn’t included. Is this shimano just changing the way to fit things without amending the instructions. Cheers.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I use the do it up tight method..

davewalsh
    Free Member

Me too.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Instructions? 😆

Dab of loctite and it’ll be alreet.

bitterlemon
    Free Member

Thanks, the bolts have holes in where the wire feeds through and thought they actually mean it this time.
    Pete, these wheels and rotors should transform the bike. Thanks again. Just need a new rear tyre now. Was using advantage but tempted by the mavic roam just not certain how strong they are. Cheers.

easygirl

Just get a piece of thin wire thread it through both bolts, cross it in the middle then twist together.
    Used to wire a lot of bolts years ago in the hgv industry, it’s not usually carried out now due to loctite type products.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Wire locking is also very common is aerospace but like I said, a dab of loctite and the right torque should be fine. I used that method when I was running the same thing on my old bike and I never had them loosen, even after a week in the Alps.

Hope you like them. 🙂 For a fast, tough and fairly grippy rear tyre, a Maxxis Crossmax 2.25 LUST is great. if you want a bit more climbing and braking traction then the Maxxis Ardent 2.25 LUST is the way forward.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Done them up tight like the other bolts on my bike, they don’t come undone either. The “extra lock” is a arse covering lawyer exercise

bitterlemon
    Free Member

I guess they’ve got to do it. Cheers all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 203 adapter’ is closed to new replies.