Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sherwood Pines yesterday
  • ruminant
    Free Member

Went for a blast round the new track at Sherwood Pines yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Quite busy in the car park, the trails were surprisingly dry and slippy until I dropped the tyre pressures right down.

The trail it self flows really well except for some oddly placed little jumps that appear when you have no speed or time to prepare for em. Not that I’m a jumper by any stretch of the imagination.

The usual suspects were:

Dean

Simon

Me

Got round to the downhill section, that’s a fun area, no big air or owt silly like that, but fun all the same.

check out the pic. That’s air between my wheels and the ground, very rare that happens.

I’d say the place compares well with Cannock, maybe not as long but still worth a trip.

Cheers

abductee
    Free Member

I think Cannock follow the dog is 6-7 miles per lap and Sherwood pines Kitchener is 9-10 miles ish. If you go off piste then your mileage may vary. I think Cannock will be longer when phase 2 is open.

midlifecrashes

Looks dry.

Quick Q

Anyone know what time the car park shuts in the evenings? I could make it down and do a lap or two before dark during the week. Failing that an alternative car park to use to avoid getting locked in(not trying to avoid paying for parking, that would be wrong).

StuF

I think its 10 in the summer – I think its on the gate as you drive in.

The best place to park is the pub down the road if the cp is shut. There is a road round the back (closer to notts) but my mate had his windows put out in the car by the local youf down there

abductee
    Free Member

parking is £3 all day and £1 after 6pm but you need to press the yellow button before you put your money in other wise it wont accept £1

car park closes at 10:00pm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood Pines yesterday’ is closed to new replies.