Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sherwood pines blue? For a 9 year old?
  • docrobster
    Free Member

Planning on taking my lad out somewhere on monday. He hates having to ride up hills. Is it as flat as I think it will be?
    How much of it is fire road?
    Worth an hour’s drive?
    Ta

joat

There are no hills at the Pines only slopes, saying that some can be quite testing if you are not used to cycling. The blue route is not too technical and has some nice wide ‘single’track in places. The red route can be quite tricky in places, not that it stops families on supermarket specials from having a go (yes I would like to come past, yes you should have read the signs- grrr… sorry)

Spud

Blue will be fine, our 5 yo has been round it when he was 4. Some draggy slopes but nowt taxing.

docrobster
    Free Member

Sounds ideal, ta

iain1775
    Free Member

Yep be fine, nor sure worth hours drive though

antigee

quite mixed but dull was how my 8yr old and a mate described it and probably accurate and not worth the for us 1,1/4hr drive in terms of happy kids (not)
    from an adult perspective it is nearly all pleasant track rather than singletrack but not fireroad more old woodland and very pretty once away from the carpark not that kids will appreciate that

have done the red with my daughter (8 and small for age) pushed some of the hills because was tired from previous days hockey and should have ridden easily but overall opinion was “not enough jumps” and still had energy to run off to playground whilst i had a coffee
    overall more fun if your little ‘un is reasonable at moving over to let BMW/Audi man past

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sherwood pines blue? For a 9 year old?’ is closed to new replies.