Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • shed lighting (for those with no electrics)
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

want something to let me see in my shed in the mornings – have no windows and no power

i can run an extension out of the window next to it for extended use (ill fit lighting that i can plug in also )

its a rented property so fitting electrics isnt an option.

anyone got any battery or even solar charged lighting suggestions that i could use in the mornings and at night when putting bike in or out ? – had a look about using google and the ammount of options are bewildering – be very easy to end up with a bag of shite!

catnap
    Free Member

try a tent light, the ones designed for hanging up in tents and awnings, worked a treat for me when i was in my man cave until i got electric fitted

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d just put an old car battery in there with a couple of LED lights. Run an extension lead out there every couple of months to charge it. You could add a solar trickle charger I suppose.

trail_rat
    Free Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Beams-wireless-battery-powered/dp/B003BZSV20/ref=pd_cp_light_1

likely to be any use for the job or am i asking for moon on a stick – esp in the cold weather that kills batterys ?

phiiiiil

I had a couple of wind-up lanterns in there; you can charge them from the mains which makes them brighter and is, obviously, a lot less effort… 🙂

I’ve got an awesome magnetic-clamp-flexible-neck-LED-light thing too which is ace for concentrated light in a small spot.

Or just hang a headtorch behind the door…

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I got a solar powered shed light for a tenner at one of those “cheapie” shops but can’t remember which. Seems to work OK for getting stuff in and out but I wouldn’t be carrying out intricate metalworking with it.

stumpy01

Wilkinson do a round led light for about £5 with 3 rings of lights. Batteries last ages and it can be easily Hung up.

halfbee
    Free Member

This is Ace

and jolly cheap on the bay

Saccades
    Free Member

bookmark

Simon

This is Ace and jolly cheap on the bay

Are you speaking from experience?

halfbee
    Free Member

yes, had it for 2 winters now, lead acid batteries are the answer for the constant trickle charging from the solar cell.
    I can easily see to work on a bike once my eyes become accustomed to the lower light levels compared to in the house.

Simon

Sounds like it could be what I’m after as a temporary light, until I can be arsed to dig a trench from the house to my shed and get mains power in there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘shed lighting (for those with no electrics)’ is closed to new replies.