• This topic has 27 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Shaving cream recommendations please!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all ive been using the men-u shaving cream now for about 2 years and fancy trying something different !!

any recommendation for one to try??

cheers

steve

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Home – Trumpers soap in a bowl, with a proper badger brush
    Travel – King of Shaves menthol shaving oil

Brush/bowl is the way ahead for home use, IMO.

IanW
    Free Member

Electric!

Stoner
    Free Member
    Taff
    Free Member

Good old Ingram or palmolive here…

jamiec360
    Free Member

Trumpers shaving creme rather than soap, used to use the soap but creme much richer and the tubs last ages. I have the tube for travel as well, recommend GFT or cedarwood personally although Rose is not as bad as you might imagine.

If you’re down in the smoke book yourself a proper shave with them and you can try them out, the one near Jermyn st I always found better than Mayfair. Don’t bother with a haircut tho just the shave.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Arko. Buy it on ebay for a couple of quid. Lasts ages, nice very citrusy smell and produces the best lather I’ve come across.
    I also have a tube of Trumpers coconut cream which is also very nice but the lather isn’t quite as good.

clubber
    Free Member

about seven or eight drops of King of Shaves oil alone – no foam/gel/etc. Since I started doing that, no shaving rash ever and no dry skin.

Sodajim

Omega shaving soap from connaught shaving – thought its soft so more like a cream.

About a fiver a tub and I much prefer it to the Mitchels woolfat soap I had previously.

LoCo
    Free Member
    yossarian
    Free Member

Aubrey organics North Woods shaving cream is the best I’ve found yet

jason221
    Free Member

Well doen bump

scaredypants

Hahahaaa !
    I’m having some of that arko, just for the packaging 😀

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Whyte1
    Free Member

king of shave is very good and not too pricey

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As above I use King of Shaves when travelling but I just use whatever cheap gel there is at home – I find them all much of a muchness. I think I am using a Superdrug one at the moment.

anonymouse
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the Real Shaving Co stuff.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

These people make soap for most of the niche/expensive brands. Buy my shaving soap for about £1 a block which lasts about a year and I’ve not found owt better.

They also do deodorants that actualy work and don’t make you smell like a teenager.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I picked up a can of Barbasol Aloe Vera when I was in the US last. Probably the best fizzy shaving product I’ve used. I also used Lush Razorantium as it meant you legitimately got to go into Lush and talk to hot girls. It worked well as a shaving product too.

Then I gave up and grew a beard, and will leave you with this message-

🙂

freddyg
    Free Member

Brush and either Palmolive stick / Arko when travelling.

Brush and Arko stick / Bluebeard cream / Taylors Lime cream / Geo. Trumpers Sandalwood at home.

They’re all nice and they all work well.

As I use a DE razor (Gilette tech & Merkur jobbie) I haven’t built up the courage to try oils with them.

Woody
    Free Member

Soap and brush for me at home, Palmolive stick when away.

Mitchells wool fat is lovely and lasts for ages. Also rebadged as Bluebeards Revenge and others no doubt……………allegedly!

joolsburger
    Free Member

I use Arko and a brush – it’s excellent.

Bimbler
    Free Member

This ^^^^

the mrs particularly likes the sandalwood.

And indeed this ^^^^^

Can get it cheaperer, if not as nicely packaged on ebay

Taylors of Old Bond Street – ebay

Lasts for a long time too, I tend to over apply and I’ve probably only used about 2/3rds of my 150g pot of the Sandalwood cream since January

Hohum
    Free Member

Cella is good stuff.

It’s a soft soap, rather than a cream though, and lathers up very nicely even if you have hard water apparently. It smells like almonds, which I found a bit strange at first, but you soon get used to it.

m1kea
    Free Member

Arko is quality Turkish stuff. If you want a proper cut throat shave, get thee to Turkey.

Just got back from Fethiye where I was pleased to find that the old boy I’d not visited since 2005 hadn’t popped his clogs and was still doing the bestest ever shave.

£3.70 for a 50 minute shave? – fappin bargain 8)

k-sugden
    Free Member

+1 for Mitchell’s Wool Fat but its cheaper from amazon the shaving shacks postage adds about £4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mitchells-Wool-Luxury-Shaving-Refill/dp/B004PH68ZU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317229361&sr=8-2

spooky_b329

I was given some ‘macca root’ shaving cream from The Body Shop, head and shoulders above the cheap soap dish I was using at first, and better than the sample pack of shave gel that came with my brush.

GJP
    Free Member

I like to use one from Clarins, but must admit it is a bit pricey at close to £15. It lasts a a long time, but I was a bit shocked at the price the last time I bought it, used to £10 when I used it all the time.

I never got on with the oils. I like a bit of a lather but not Gillette style.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Shaving cream recommendations please!!’ is closed to new replies.