Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Share a fact for the day…
  • samuri
    Free Member

In relative terms the largest belongs to the Argentine Blue Bill duck, which at 17" is over twice as long as the duck, which measure 8".

That duck has the largest comparative penis for a *vertebrate*.
    Barnacles have knobs 40 times the lengths of their bodies.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cats and dogs etc have knees, surely? The joint that looks like their knee but backwards is their ankle, and the knee is tucked up to their body is it not?

Or am I missing the definition of knee?

EDIT: wiki seems to suggest that 'knee' refers to the carpus or the bit at the end of the lower leg in animals – but that would still be four knees.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

backhander, there are a fair few languages with no swear (ie. with a certain taboo) words. From memory, Japanese, quite a few native American dialects and lots of Polynesian Island languages…that's just off the top of my head. Not sure about Welsh but I suspect you may well be correct.

I think that when we got hold of English, with all it's swear words, and having spent centuries with none, we just got carried away. And never really reined it back in. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think their front joints are knees and the back ones are elbows…from what I remember watching the jackrussel on Bionic Vet last week.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

There's a penis museum in Husavik, Iceland.

molgrips
    Free Member

If the irish had no taboo words in their own language it would seem to encourage the use of any word you felt like, thereby resulting in lots of apparent swearing when speaking English.

Welsh does have naughty words btw.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh don't worry, we know it's swearing. And we **** like it.

samuri
    Free Member

Surely, what makes a swear word is a social decision. Arse might be completely acceptable in some circles and not in others.

samuri
    Free Member

There's a penis museum in Husavik, Iceland.

Yep, the man on the left has clearly already been through interactive section judging by his jumper. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

samuri…what I'm saying is that there are NO questionable words in Gaelic.

We did invent **** though 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

the 793 raid on lindisfarne monastery is widely recognised as the beginning of the viking age.

when you blush your stomach does too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

when you blush your stomach does too.

Excellent if true…in fact I don't care if it's not. It has to be 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

unknown to any STW'ers until just now, i in fact know the answer to the age long question ( and the answer can be bribed out of me )to

'what tyres for all trail centres and any known trail in the UK'

Begin the bidding people !!!

chewkw
    Free Member

Nothing happens by it's own as there is cause and effect.

🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Share a fact for the day…’ is closed to new replies.