Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Shameless – A moan
  • Harry_the_Spider

On every night next week. When the flip am I supposed to find time to watch it eh? Can’t watch it with the kids in the room. The wife doesn’t like it. Not enough capacity on the Sky box.

What was wrong with once a week?

Gah.

Get some of the wife’s crap cleared off the Sky box then (it could always be an erm….. ‘accident’).

oldfart

Yeah tend to agree seems to be the trend atm though . 👿

Harry_the_Spider

Oh well… kicking it into touch. Haven’t got the time. 😥

sc-xc

4OD?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

MTFU?

fatal_drop
    Free Member

If you love the characters in Shameless and admire them so much, don’t whinge about the inaccessibility of a TV series – just move to an underclass estate.

Then you’ll be able to enjoy at first hand the Shameless experience 24/7 outside your own front door as they push sh!t thru your letterbox, beat up your relatives, let your car tyres down, wake you up at 3.00am with their dogs barking, throw eggs at your windows, smash your fences, vomit on your pavements, support themselves on your taxes, disrupt the school classes where your kids are trying to learn, sell drugs to your nephews and nieces and injure you in their uninsured cars.

If you think Shameless is harmless TV fun, you are a moron.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Erm… 😕

nonk
    Free Member

fatal i would go ratch about for some alchohol.

stanfree
    Free Member

Fatal you seem like a real nobber , Its only a TV programme and a funny one at that. Does seem strange that It’s on all week though , they must be Itching to get the box set on sale.

RustySpanner

Eh, please explain?

Shameless is a basic morality tale:
    The people who love their family and look after them succeed, the baddies ultimately fail.
    It just happens to be set in a fictionalised version of Miles Platting, an extremely run down area.

The morals are no different from ‘Hustle’ (people sometimes break the law to ultimately do what’s ‘right’), it’s just that the characters aren’t dressed as well and come from a different background.

How do you feel about The Simpsons?
    Do you cheer when Robin Hood gets caught by the Sheriff of Nottingham?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

. Does seem strange that It’s on all week though , they must be Itching to get the box set on sale.

there is an extra 6 shows this season, up to 22 from 16 in the last 2, showing 1 a day to fit in with the scheduling and have it done by summer

Bing
    Free Member

Then you’ll be able to enjoy at first hand the Shameless experience 24/7 outside your own front door as they push sh!t thru your letterbox, beat up your relatives, let your car tyres down, wake you up at 3.00am with their dogs barking, throw eggs at your windows, smash your fences, vomit on your pavements, support themselves on your taxes, disrupt the school classes where your kids are trying to learn, sell drugs to your nephews and nieces and injure you in their uninsured cars.

Do you live near me? cuz i think you described my neighbours perfectly! 🙂

sc-xc

fatal – are you Eldridge? He tried the same argument this time last year and was shown up.

If you’re not – I can’t believe there are 2 people in the world with such funked up views.

Harry_the_Spider

Fatal… how very odd?

I shall try and watch it now just to annoy you.

Admiralable
    Free Member

If you love the characters in Shameless and admire them so much, don’t whinge about the inaccessibility of a TV series – just move to an underclass estate.

You are TJ and I claim my £5!!

Admiralable
    Free Member

And I lived in an underclass estate (as you so succinctly put it) for 3 years after moving out of home. And guess what!?! I had nothing like that happen. Never got broken into, none of my bikes were stolen, I got on with the people around me and it was quite a friendly place to live.

Now I’ve moved to a nice part of the country and guess what. In the last 2 years I’ve had 3 bikes stolen, broken into and had stuff taken, car has been scratched and tyres slashed. And all the people around are stuck up twunts who don’t like to speak to anyone else.

failedengineer

The original writer was from the Stoops estate in Burnley – he based it on his life there, apparently.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m offering “Shameless” holiday packages this year, based in some of the choicest locations Swindon has to offer. Prior to your arrival we will strip you of your dignity, then lovingly furnish you with a complete “inn keeping” wardrobe (think ghetto pub landlord chic), your very own packet of cutters choice tobacco or more 100’s menthol cigarettes, a whopping 4ltr bottle of frosty jacks (or equivalent, dependent on availability). Your accommodation will comprise of ether a deluxe new build association home (with authentic domestic violence distressed look furniture) or a sumptuous 1960 prefabricated crack den (includes free asbestos!) or for the lovers of the alfresco lifestyle we have a range of soiled mattresses available across the estate. blah blah blah, its a shit TV programme personally the only joy I get from it is that my shooting partner has devised a score card that has a points system based around the characters and he does 3rd rate impressions of the characters every time I get a head shot. Cull the poor, don’t make TV programmes about them, thats inhumane to laugh at another misfortune or poor life choices. turn it into sport, make a positive change and have fun!

(book now for our “banker bonus” hunting spree spectacular)

fatal_drop
    Free Member

LOL @ Admiralable

If you look a little more carefully at the list of behaviours I associate with underclass estates, you will notice that burglary is not among them. That’s because I know the Shameless classes have nothing worth burgling. They wait until class traitors like you have “moved to a nice part of the country” (where, delightfully, you find your new neighbours “stuck up”) and THEN they come and steal your stuff. The Shameless classes may be stupid, but they don’t lack cunning.

fatal_drop
    Free Member

sx-xc

I have looked up the correspondence with eldridge. I can’t agree that she was “shown up”, more like she was just swamped with not-very-well-argued posts to the effect that “Shameless is great!!!”

If you don’t believe that two people in the world could think, like me and eldridge, that Shameless is unfunny rubbish, try today’s Independent, where there is a review of the launch of the American version of the show.

(The Independent is a newspaper – a printed document available from many retail outlets, which contains details of recent important events in the world, and comments about these from well-informed people, some of whose views you might well regard as “funked up”)

sc-xc

…and a review of the American version is relevant because?

sx-xc

Hope you can read your newspaper better than you can read a forum.

Anyway. My life is too short. Chill out, enjoy a bit of telly for what it is. If you don’t like a show…don’t watch it. I dread to think how you feel when you watch a film by Tarantino.

zokes
    Free Member

(The Independent is a newspaper – a printed document available from many retail outlets, which contains details of recent important events in the world, and comments about these from well-informed people, some of whose views you might well regard as “funked up”)

This is true, but with an outlook on life such as the snapshot of yours you’ve just graced us with, don’t you read The Mail or Beano? I thought The Independent was for more intelligent people than those who would refer to others as mentally ill simply for liking a rather cleverly scripted TV sit-com.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Shameless – A moan’ is closed to new replies.