Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Seville things to do
  • rich_tee
    Free Member

I’m off to Seville in a week or so and just wondered if anyone has been there and has any recommendations for places to visit and eating/drinking.

Already have Alcazar palace, place Espana, and cathedral on the list.

trailmonkey

For food, wander around the Santa Cruz barrio and stop at any of the myriad tapas bars. The closer to the cathedral you are the more expensive it will be.
    A word of warning – as soon as you sit down, they’ll bring bread or breadsticks to the table. If you don’t want them, say so as you will be billed for it otherwise. also always check your bill, because we noticed stuff we hadn’t ordered was frequently on ours.

Stuff to do ? The bull ring tour is excellent and the open top bus is a great way of getting around, hopping on and off. A visit to the footy is quite an experience.

I’ve been to the city twice and my favourite way to spend the time is just to wander around slowly getting fed and watered – marvelous.

deep_river
    Free Member

I had my honeymoon in Seville, I recommend you just chill out drink lots of wine and eat proper tapas. As mentioned above, the Santa Cruz area is the place to go to chill with food n wine.

Dont bother with the tourist places if you want to watch proper flamenco, if you wander around enough, you will find the proper thing! Sounds a bit girlie, but defo a good experience.

I enjoyed Seville, but a week was long enough. If you have time try a daytrip to Granada. I wish I had done this.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cxi
    Free Member

Find the Rayas ice cream shop(s) – superb

Mackem

As well as a day trip to Granada you could go to Cordoba for the Mezquita and Jewish quarter. You could even visit Madrid. Both are on the excellent AVE high speed train line.

jhw
    Free Member

Museum of the Americas is pretty sweet

Ben_mw

Be prepared to queue for the cathederal. We were there in early december and it would have been a couple of hours to get in (we did find out that it was some sort of holiday weekend though). The Alcazar is ace, well worth it, as is the Exposition building. Otherwise we just mooched around and dodged the rain by eating and drinking too much!

woodsman
    Free Member

Mirando a las Morenas! Que bonita 🙂

Blackhound

Pilates building as well as said above.

Cordoba also excellent. One of my favourite cities.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Seville is a fantastic city – loads to do and see. Santa Cruz quarter has loads of little tapas bars and restaurants – spoilt for choice. Well worth a walk along the river towards the Barqueta bridge – imho some of the larger Spanish cities have rather too much unsightly graffiti but some of the artwork along the river bank is definitely worth seeing – make sure you take some pics for the ‘weekend photo challenge – public art’ thread.

roper
    Free Member

I would definitely go to El Alcázar. A wonderful example of Arabic design and architecture. Personally I think it is a better example than La Alhambra, as so much of that was destroyed during the battles and replaced with Christian deigns. El Alcázar was built for a Spaniard but designed and built by Arabic craftsmen. The zellij (tile work) is outstanding but you really have to stand in the rooms to feel the effects they have.
    It is the Sevilla marathon next weekend (I think) with about 5000 runners so might be nice to watch. I’ve never had anyone try to rip me off there but it is a city.

donsimon
    Free Member

If you’re hiring a car be sure to let the local youths look after it when you park. They will charge a small amount for this invaluable yet necessary service.

rich_tee
    Free Member

thanks for the tips
    Alcazar on the list as well as the tapas bars and a trip to Cordoba.
    Intrigued by the art by the river – could bring a contemporary slant to the 5 days.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Seville things to do’ is closed to new replies.