Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Serious colour coordination!
  • longweight
    Free Member

Right…. I am planning on getting a frame and forks on my new build sprayed and then build it up with components that match / contrast so my new bike is pretty 🙂 I’ve had a search through old posts to see if this has been asked before but with no luck! I’m thinking about either going for black frame & forks with a few red bits (maybe tyres) but that might be a bit tame? Maybe White frame / forks with green components?

Apart from hope are there any manufacturers that make a wide range of components in a range of colours such as headset / QR’s / seat clamps / other bits? I am also looking for decent coloured tyres, any recommendations?

Anybody got any pics of a seriously coordinated build?

Thanks!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Swiftacular to the thread please!

druidh
    Free Member

Black?

White?

Silver?

longweight
    Free Member

I see you have done this before! What white rims are you running?

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – and black with red highlights (the way my daughter likes it).

druidh
    Free Member

The wheels are Pro2’s on Syncros DS23’s

Houns

My new bike is going to be awesome – Scheme will never have been seen this side of the 90’s

You’ll all have to wait a few months though

8)

longweight
    Free Member

Nice I do like the red and black 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

You need a good hard look at Fixed Gear Gallery to put you off doing anything too awful, mind. 🙂

longweight
    Free Member

Thats what gave me the idea….

grumm
    Free Member

Does this count? 😛

My commuter:

longweight
    Free Member

It sure does! Nice work!

I’m now thinking pink forks and frame with all black components?

njee20
    Free Member

I think it’s really really easy to overboard on colour.

Coloured tyres are definitely a no! Headset, hubs, seatclamp and skewers can match, possibly with matching accents on the grips and saddle, but no more!

Druidh’s one would be about my limit!

longweight
    Free Member

njee20 I agree about the tyres. Pink and black I think 🙂

sem
    Free Member

If you’re going to do it, make the cheap stuff the coloured bits. If you change your mind down the road, it’s always easier to change skewers than wheels.

longweight
    Free Member

I’ve made up my mind on the colour of the frame / forks. Everything else is going to be black 🙂 (its not pink!)

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Suppose it’s time i posted…..

and a new one on the way that will be much subtler but still purty. And coloured tyres, and even rims can work, just all in the eye of the beholder.

BigDummy
    Free Member

You are a genius. That is all.

catfood
    Free Member

Agree with just accenting the cheaper parts, my black prophet used to have red skewers, bar ends, crank bolts to go with its red lettering, I looked at it one day and realised it was tacky as hell, only cost about £50 to get it looking respectable again, we live and learn.

longweight
    Free Member

Argh I keep changing my mind!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I have a nice SRAM 9 Speed cassette that has metalic red spacers between each sprocket – a number of folks have asked me where I got it from cos it looks nice…

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Thank you, i try.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Theres a beautiful pink Twin on the Retrotec website, well worth a look.

nickc

It’s simple really, pick a colour, say: White, and then highlight it with dabs of another colour, red maybe. As njee has said, with this less is more, don’t be tempted to just dive into the Hope parts bin and do everything, just 2-3 items will do. Keep it subtle like. For instance, you can do:

Hubs and headset

OR

Headset, seat collar, BB.

You CAN’T do

Stem, headset, hubs and QRs, seat collar, post, BB, jockey wheels…

Simples

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Serious colour coordination!’ is closed to new replies.