Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • September Honeymoon Destinations?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

well, tying the knot on the 09/09/09 in a castle in Spain, kinda stumped for a honeymoon destination, I had proposed the Arctic Tundra (northern lights, snow and other stuff) but thats not finding much favour, the alps was my first suggestion but that got binned after I was told it wouldn’t be fair to take the bike and bugger off enjoying myself, Prague was my other suggestion but thats also considered odd.

come on, give a po man a break?

tails
    Free Member

visit simon in gib

MrNutt
    Free Member

a trip to monkey rock? I HATE MONKEYS!!

tails
    Free Member

ah your a bad person, in japan monkeys sit in hot springs.

ton

basra is nice that time of year.

igm

South of France? New wine just coming (old wine being sold off in supermarkets dirt cheap)?

We bought an MX5, got the Plymouth Santander ferry drove down through Spain as far south as Cartegena, back up through the Pyrennes and back across the channel at Cherbourg taking just under 3 week over it. Lovely trip. St Emillion stands out as a brilliant place to stay in mid to late September.

Depends what you like though.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Wrong time of year for Caribean which would be my first choice. Favourite city Krakow..favourite Greek Island Kefolonia…although Cyprus does have some 2 wheel stuff developing…… Is this a tandem honeymoon?!

tails
    Free Member

I agree ton it’s also not to from from lake hammar. (blurboy/igm proper answers are not needed)

MrNutt
    Free Member

in japan monkeys sit in hot springs.

I know, I have had the misfortune to share a hot spring with a couple of monkeys, not an experience I’d recommend.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I like the south of france idea, I suppose we could hire a car and drive back to the UK? hmm that could be a plan!

oh and no tandem plans, I’m as fond of tandems as I am of monkeys.

grumm
    Free Member

Skye?

uplink
    Free Member

Vegas?

ton

mogadishu ..sp?? is always hot too.

JulianA
    Free Member

I can think of one good honeymoon destination – no hang on, that’s every night!

Sorry, back on topic, Madeira’s fantastic!

http://madeira-web.com/

tails
    Free Member

haha! did you really share a spring with a monkey?? still i agree they are poor relatives to the

carlos
    Free Member

Spent three weeks of September in Mauritius last year and it was perfect, couple of days light rain, and two very heavy which was the first time in twenty years apparentley. The locals always gave you the “It’s a tropical Island” when you asked about the weather, as in the south you get the trade winds so that can mean a few spots of very light rain in the mid afternoon, but nothing to worry about. The North is supposed to be dryer and a little warmer. (28-30 in the south, 30+ in the North)
    There is scope for a little riding too as the Island has some stunning scenery and mountains in the middle, not that I did any as spent time scuba diving instead.

Carl

Blurboy
    Free Member

Sorry tails – got the impression he was giving up “taking the bike and bu99ering it” or something like that.

tails
    Free Member

no worries blurboy i was hoping mrnutt would recieve a load of silly answers as he normally provides silly answers 😀

akira

I would recommend Tokyo and Lang Kawi, you could spend weeks in Tokyo and still have plenty left to see and LK is so nice for just lazing about.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I hear that the Quantocks are rather romantic in September & if you ask nicely I’m sure Knottie8 will let you kip in his garage 😀

igm

OK Tails, HOw about any of these. September races in the Pyrennes – that should be popular – take the wedding guests too.

Sorry Mr Nutt

La Panoramique

September 6th 2009
    Aptly named 18.4km road race starting in Luchon and climbing 1,170m all the way to finish at the ski station of Superbagneres. Entry fee is €8.

La Transpyrenees Comminges

September 6th 2009
    Cross-country mountain bike race departing Encausse les Thermes. Further details of courses and entry fees to be announced.

La Lapebie

September 6th 2009
    2008 marks the 20th running of this popular cyclosportive. Departing from Luchon, there are three courses available: 156km with 3,400m of climbing, including the hors category Port de Bales; 107km with 2,185m of climbing and 59km with 870m of climbing. All three routes cross the border to Spain at Fos and return to France over the Col du Portillon. Visit the race web site. for further details.
    View La Lapebie race web site.

Trail Des Etoiles Mountain Trail Run

September 2009 – Exact date to be confirmed
    Depart Bagneres de Bigorre as 45km (2,100m climb) or 28km (1,300m climb) over technical terrain.

Trophée du Lac d’Oô

September 13th 2009
    16.5km cross-country mountain bike race departing St Aventin, near ski town of Luchon to finish on a big climb at the high altitude Lake of Lac d’Oô. There is 750m of climbing and the course record, set by current world champion Julien Abdalson is 58 minutes, 36 seconds. Entry costs to be announced.

Foulee du Plateau Lannemezan

September 20th 2009
    15km trail race with a good mix of single track, wooded trails and forest tracks. Great panoramic views of the Pyrenees mountain chain.

La Tarbaise

September 27th 2009
    Starting in Tarbes, there are two courses on offer: grand circuit 120km (1,237m of climbing) or the petit circuit 75km (592m of climbing). Entry fee is around €14, excluding food.

JB405
    Free Member

We went on our Honeymoon Last August / September, did a road trip down through France to the Tuscan / Umbrian Border, so that we could do the culture (City trips), wine, food, chilling by the pool part then went straight up to Verbier for some mountain time – Mtb, Horse riding, Canyoning, Paragliding and a Spa etc.

We really enjoyed ourselves and my wife was pleased as something other than bikes was involved. I honestly couldn’t recommend it enough!

Only downer was that I got caught speeding in France, Muggins here was feeling post wedding stress / excitement and decided (stupidly) to put the old right foot in and get there faster…. An hour stop in a Police Municipale Office, a month driving ban in France and 750 Euro later we were on our way, with my wife having to do the driving!

Nothing like it for breaking the Ice on your Honeymoon!

Also I’ve heard that Sicily is amazing at that time of year, Weather is just right, loads of Culture, the main tourist season is over so the sites aren’t rammed and Etna has some pretty neat riding!

MrNutt
    Free Member

mmm I’m kinda enthralled buy the basra suggestion, being blond & blue eyed I’d look like Lawrence of Arabia, do you think that the natives would be particularly welcoming?

IHN

I can offer half-board in a delightful setting within easy driving distance of the beautiful Cotswolds.

And you can stick our finger up the dog’s arse as much as you want.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What about a lovely camping holiday, in The Woods Behind Nationwide in Swindon?

Beautiful, idyllic and romantic…

GrahamS

We went to South Africa and Zambia a couple of years ago for our September honeymoon.
    It was an unforgetable experience. Good time of year to go too because it isn’t too hot.

Surfr
    Free Member

We went to Barbados. OK so it might rain once or twice a day but it’s usually a torrential downpour for no longer than 10 minutes and then its back to blue skies and 30C all day. We spent a large ammount of time just reading by the pool or out on catamarans.

neil_1979
    Free Member

I got married in September 2007 and we went on honeymoon in Kenya, after the stress of the wedding preparations we wanted to be able to chill out rather than do any ‘proper’ travelling, so getting a package deal to Kenya really suited us. We had a 4 day safari then the rest of the time we were based at the hotel, but did snorkelling, diving lessons, explored Mombassa, nice meals out and some time chilling by the pool

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘September Honeymoon Destinations?’ is closed to new replies.