Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sending air shocks to TF – deflate first????
  • garage-dweller

Quick question air forks and shocks getting collected Monday for service at TF.

Should they ship depressurised?

I have only sent coil stuff in the last few years (and prior to that was before the royal mail started confiscating shocks so I probably didn’t even think about it) sob thought I’d check.

benpinnick

It doesnt really matter as unless you drain the IFP it will still have pressure in it (as would your coils) but let the wir out why not? Better than not doing so.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Who would find out and how might it matter?

Tracey

Sent mine back on Monday for replacement under warranty. Let the air out so I could get it in a smaller box I had. New one came back yesterday with air in. Dont think it makes a difference.
    post office always ask me whats in the box. My standard answer is bike parts and never been questioned any further. I know that at one point they had a problem with air shocks and forks

garage-dweller

Thanks. I couldn’t think of a particular reason it had to be done (after all they survive me battering them along and down stuff so ought to survive a courier) but doesn’t hurt to check.

rOcKeTdOg

it’ll cost less to post without the air in as it’ll be lighter

PrinceJohn

I posted mine recently and didn’t even think about what it was, sent it special delivery, might be worth trying Hermes, might be cheaper for you.

garage-dweller

Ta. I’m using their collect service as then I know it’s shock friendly and in my previous experience the couple of quid extra vs. Additional 10 minutes faff to book something cheaper is a fair trade off. So looks like air out and box them up and try to stop over thinking things.

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Hi GD,

No need to deflate just bubble wrap etc & pop them in the box. Guidelines for packing are on our homepage too. Any issues just give me (Ruth) a shout Mon am.

Cheers, TFT

holst
    Free Member

it’ll cost less to post without the air in as it’ll be lighter

Exactly. You should heat it in a container of hot water before you let the air out. It’ll generate lift like a hot air balloon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sending air shocks to TF – deflate first????’ is closed to new replies.