Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Send it back or fix it?
  • davesmate
    Free Member

Bought a new frame last week with rp23 from CRC. Built it up and took it for it’s first proper ride last night and had a blast, picked up a puncture but came home well happy. Went into the garage after work today to fix the puncture and there’s a small puddle of oil under the bike, on closer inspection it’s leaking from behind the rebound adjust/propedal lever on the shock. Now common sense tells me I should send it back but I can’t really be arsed with the hassle if it’s a simple fix costing a couple of quid that I can do myself.

So, is it a simple fix I can do myself or is it FUBAR’d and needs sending back?

Thanks in advance STW!

transapp
    Free Member

Send it back. Don’t pull it apart or bye bye warranty!
    Talk to crc though, you should be able to just send the shock back to save stripping the whole bike.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Send it back, shock repair cost might make sending it back well worth a bit of grief.

You never know, you might just have to send he shock.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what they said it is a critical part and not easily servicable especially if leaking oil

Ask to just send the shock for obvious reasons

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Phone Mojo and ask them if they’ll sort it.

They did my RP2 on my pitch without me needing to involve the shop or Spesh (presumably as the shop would just send it to Spesh, who would send it to fox anyway). They just needed a proof of purchase for the bike and were happy to do it FOC (well it cost me £6 to post).

davesmate
    Free Member

Hmmm, sending it back would make the most sense but I need the bike for the weekend. Grrrrr!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Buy a coil shock, return rp23, sell rp23 when you get it back. :mrgreen:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

CRC on the phone first then go from there

globalti
    Free Member

Sell the bike and get a hardtail.

coatesy
    Free Member

It’s a shaft seal leaking, entailing a complete stripdown to repair, way beyond the scope of the home mechanic.Offer to pay a refundable charge, and they’ll probably send a replacement before receiving the faulty one.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be riding the bike with oil leaking out the shock. You will probably damage it more and void any warranty.

Borrow or hire a bike. It will be cheaper.

toys19
    Free Member

Give up mtb and just walk/run in the hills.

xcgb
    Free Member

Give up mtb and just walk/run in the hills.

Give all that up and watch big brother/voice/talent shows

smell_it
    Free Member

Give all that up and watch big brother/voice/talent shows

Yes, do this whilst drinking cheap cider, eating takeaway and being sat in your own mess.

toys19
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Send it back or fix it?’ is closed to new replies.