Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Selling private numberplates?
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

I am selling my Grandads who recently died and I know nothing about this!

It is fairly rare and been valued at 5000k by regtransfers.com

how much will they sell it on for and is there a better way of selling?
    ebay with a reserve?

carbon337
    Free Member

What is it?

Feel free to disguise it slightly if you want

xiphon
    Free Member

Phone around, and ask for quotes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Place and ad in the motoring section of the Times on Sunday and the Telegraph on Sat for at least £1000 more than the best dealer price – it may take longer to sell but you are keeping the potential profit the dealer will make

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

What basis do RegTransfers work on?

Stoner
    Free Member

I have one on ebay at the moment. Its not that special but it fairly closely resembles a surname with initial.

It came on a s/h car I bought.

I did 192.com etc searches for people with the right name and relevant companies too.

I then mailed a flyer to about 50 of them to advertise that it would be on eBay this week.

I have about 6 watchers and 1 bid at my reserve so far (closing sunday) which covers all my retention (v778) costs (£130). which is great. It only owes me the £130, after that its just spare cash. I just wanted to get it off my car.

The problem with a named one, is who is actually looking on ebay for just those 7 days of the sale, hence the marketing work I did to try and ensure a sale.

spacemonkey

NNGB shifted mine really quickly, got me top dollar and did all the paperwork. Bang tidy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Selling private numberplates?’ is closed to new replies.