Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Selling advice please (sorry 'what's it worth content')
  • adrianp7
    Free Member

Apologies for another valuation post but I have a particular question that the collective wisdom of STW might be able to help me with.

When I moved here to Vancouver I brought with me my prized On One 456 Ti. IMO it is about the ace-est bike ever to ride on a UK trail. However, things here are a bit more, well, more, and full suspension seems the way to go to access most trails. Without getting into the hardtail vs full susser debate again, I have decided it might be sensible to sell the On One and get something more appropriate to the riding here.

So here is the question(s). The bike is pretty mint and a good everyday spec (see below) but I am not sure whether it is better to sell it as a whole bike or to break it up as a frame and fork, wheels and components. Bear in mind that this is Canada so Ebay is rubbish (everything is sold in the US), Craiglist seems to be like Brick Lane market and there are precious few forums like STW (which is also why I am still asking stupid questions of a UK web forum). Also the components might be more or less interesting as brands like Hope are relatively rare here. Either way any idea on resale values for bike and say frame and fork options?

Spec
    18" On One 456 Ti (blast)
    Fox 140 RLC forks (2008)
    Mavic Crossmax Enduros (with new bearings so no hub drag problems)
    Hope mono minis (not braided or floating)
    XT drivetrain and SRAM PG 990 cassette and chain
    Thomson Elite stem, post
    Truvativ Holzfeller bar (yes I need to get a new longer rear gear cable – bar is new and lots wider)
    Hope finishing kit (headset, skewers, clamp)
    SDG saddle

adrianp7
    Free Member

Bugger all then?

ttf
    Free Member

What about stripping it, sleeing the frame alone and then buying a more suitable Full suss fram and swap all the kit back onto that?

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

As ttf said, I would strip it, sell the frame on here ((poss to me) and then use all of the other parts to build up an FS.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Selling advice please (sorry 'what's it worth content')’ is closed to new replies.