Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Seasonal Affective Disorder
  • meandyuk

I'm thinking about getting one of those lamps to help with this. Can anyone recommend one? I don't want to spend crazy money.

Thanks
    Andy

oddjob
    Free Member

I think the proper ones are rather expensive otherwise they're just normal lights. I have one (that was a gift from the in-laws who were sick of seeing my miserable face all winter) from a norwegian company that seems to do the job. My cousin has been impressed with the Philips alarm clock that gradually lightens the room and seems to help him with shift working.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

try lumicycles -blast round your favourite trails all year round -should put a smile on your face!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

My mum found Cognitive Behaviour Therapy useful for this – once you learn how to control your mood the colour of the light becomes irrelevant – it's all about attitude. Personally I relish the changing light as the years turn, with each season having its visual charms…

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

MTFU 8)

Nezbo
    Free Member

I got a Lumie one from boots, i was on sale for about £50 or £60, i think it is great, defo stoped me from kicking off with everyone i meet over the ever extrending winter crapy months…

this one Bodyclock Advanced 200

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

stoped me from kicking off with everyone i meet over the ever extrending winter crapy months…

that's the heart of the problem – attitide – as autumn eases in the leaves turn brilliant reds and oranges and rustle invitingly under your tyres, then the trees are laid bare and stark against the sky, and the air becomes crystal clear as it bites with a promise of crunching snow or even better the brief unpredictable excitement of ice, and one can look out the window at work into the inky blackness wondering about the night ride ahead etc etc

jonb
    Free Member

I have one of the natural light alarm clocks. Not sure if it will helps with SAD as it's only on for about 30 minutes a day. But it does make getting out of bed easier. Need to get it back on again now.

What about daylight lightbulbs?

WTF
    Free Member

Phillips energy light I got one of these and it does make a difference.Placebo effect possibly but if so it doesn`t really matter.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But it does make getting out of bed easier.

Really ?? I hate that at any time of year 🙁

waihiboy
    Free Member

and one can look out the window at work

easier said than done when your portakabin office window looks out onto the warehouse internal wall 3 foot away!!

bloke in work suffers from SAD quite bad, i never, ever used to get moody in the winter but last year (when we moved offices into the prison cell) i really did start to suffer.

no natural light all day or fresh air, unless you go for a walk

anyway I'm looking at getting one of those lights, they are suppose to work, you can get lamp ones that sit on a desk.

grumm
    Free Member

I had one that someone gave me – dunno if it was a proper one but it was horrible: gave out a really harsh light.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Seasonal Affective Disorder’ is closed to new replies.