Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • search bar gone?
  • jedi

it's not on my screen

Stu

Mine neither! Just when I wanted to use it too…

Mark

Yes it's gone..

Temporarily. It'll be back shortly 🙂

Don't panic!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

it's for premier members only now. 😉

retro83
    Free Member

just use google for now

site:singletrackworld.com bum tube

wwaswas

It's probably search that was slowing the site down. A bit of attention to indexing and it'll be right as rain…

luked2
    Free Member

Seems to have been replaced by google search, which is almost completely useless 🙁

Searching for stuff on the classifieds could get quite boring quite quickly.

vinnyeh

mm, classified search is worse than useless now. No way of putting stuff in date order, and clicking on results doesn't even take you to a relevant page most of the time.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yeah it's utterly useless. Even doing the most basic search is not in any date order, so you would have to scrutinise every page it threw up, completely useless.

I used to regularly search for certain items on classifieds, but won't be anymore.

nickingsley
    Free Member

The Google search thingy is a significant retrograde step. Why was this done.
    Previous system was pretty easy to use and logical – why the change ????

I wouldn't call this progress.

jedi

i hate it 🙁

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

oh dear… how are people going to find all the wonderful things i'm going to advertise over the coming weeks?

🙁

t'is rubbish

djcombes
    Free Member

Agree with the above. The search function was perfect as it was. It's impossible to search the classifieds without it.

Timn
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy

Yes it's gone..

Temporarily. It'll be back shortly

Don't panic!

Is the new version fixed or temporary as very poor compared to excellent old version

kelvin

Is the Google search temporary?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Its changed because people simultaneously searching through the 1108308 posts caused the whole site to grind to a halt. So use the google site search. If you click the advanced search you can search by date range.

We have ordered some new super power servers which will take a few weeks to implement.

Stoner
    Free Member

will they deliver results in time/date order like the old search. Its what was most useful about it.

keyword search can be done in google offsite – there's no value in recreating the function on site…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

will they deliver results in time/date order like the old search. Its what was most useful about it.

no, it's just jumbled up in no order. people are saying that the links to the threads don't often work anyway. I guess we haven't got a search function then, not one that works, for a month or so.

giantjason
    Free Member

the new way the search results are shown is rubbish……..much prefer the way it used to be done!

why the change and what was wrong with the old way?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

read Tom db post above, but yes, their temp fix is seriously sh1t.

kelvin

Could the search come back, but limited to the last 1000 posts or something?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘search bar gone?’ is closed to new replies.