Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SealSkinz alternatives
  • leonthepro
    Free Member

as per title. I have had two pairs of sealz but wondered if there was anything else I could try?

dmiller
    Free Member

Call these people:

Flying fox bikes – 01259 76 31 09.

Ask for a pair of these:

https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm#/Mens/Socks/PerformanceSocks/_/2389/

Enjoy warm feet 😉

Seriously – I have ditched my sealskins for these.

David.

Del

gore gt socks. goretex socks. far better than sealskins IMHO.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Also use Gore socks. They are like oversocks but never got wet feet in them, need to use thick socks underneith to keep warm though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

But sealskins do it all in one. I dont want to be wearing 2 pears of socks to keep my feet dry and warm.

windowshopper
    Free Member

I found my feet got cold in Sealskins even if they were dry. An overshoe and warm socks worked better for me, though admittedly this was just for, say, a 2-3 hour ride. Horses for courses I guess.

grahamt1980

Has anyone considered thin neoprene socks? Ok your feet would get wet but the water would warm up quick

steelfan
    Free Member

Ive used sealskins in the past and found they didnt work for me. My feet got really cold, clammy and wet. My brother has a theory that normal waterproof material is not surrounded by a cloth type outer like sealskins. This then holds onto water meaning that the seal skin can't breath properly. He has now bought some of these from ebay and swears by them. They are just like a normal goretex sock without an outer.

gorete style sock

Ive also bought some and are just waiting for them to come through

jojoA1
    Free Member

I managed to get a pair of Porelle dry socks of E-bay, they are far superior to sealskins as they are like a towelling loop stitch and seem much cosier, I was most disappointed to find out that they don't make them any more 🙁

mtbfix

Waterproof overshoes and warm, fast drying socks. If your shoes are saturated and cold then your feet will catch the chill.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SealSkinz alternatives’ is closed to new replies.