Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SDG BelAir RL Ti or similar.
  • topper

I have always used these on my bikes and find them to be comfortable and hard wearing. I have tried other saddles and not found a better one, for me.

I need to replace the stock saddle on my new (Planet X road) bike but before i shell out £65 ish on a Bel Air i just wondered if any one who uses these have found any other saddles to be similar or better for comfort and ‘performance’.

Any input gratefully received.

Topper

PS RIP Barry Mason.

AdeC
    Free Member

Charge Spoon is a good alternative and much cheaper

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

If you’ve been plesaed with SDG prevoiusly why not stick with them?

Have you checked out the Galaxy saddle? £49.95 with a Ti Alloy rail.

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/products/2161-sdg_gallaxy_-_ti-alloy.php?r=3m3d0b6s0

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve been a confirmed bel Air’er for a long time and put one on the road bike straight away.It was horrible!!Too soft,too wide and too restictive to moving about on it.It was a total suprise that the needs of road vs offroad saddles would be so marked.Running a Prologo now which i would never dream of putting on the mtb but its un-noticable on 6-7 hour rides on the road bike.Live and learn.

mieszko
    Free Member

+1 for the Charge Spoon

You can always get the cromoly railed Bel Air. I have the Ti one on my road bike and TBH can’t feel much difference between this and a cr-mo Spoon or other saddles.

I also find WTB saddles comfortable, currently using Rocket V on my HT. A bit softer then the Bel Air but find it super comfy and is not too soft to be uncomfortable on longer rides.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sele italia C2 on my road bike, bel-airs mk1 and mk2’s on my mtb’s.

although I’m odly tolerant of everything except the roadie favourite san-marco, and specialized BG on the pitch actualy leaves me bruised!

akira

For road bike try Charge knife, like the spoon but more road orientated.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I didn’t get on with the Bel Air – I found it too wide to comfortably get off the back so went back to a WTB Rocket V which is what my bike originally came with. More comfortable and more of a “sit-in” feel. Saddles are just so personal though – Marmite

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bovril.

topper

Thanks all for your helpful feedback.

One white charge spoon on it’s way!

Topper

Fluff66
    Free Member

too late

But +1 for Charge Spoon anyway 😀

One of the best VFM bike components (limited) money can buy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SDG BelAir RL Ti or similar.’ is closed to new replies.