Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SCX Sportive today – Salisbury
  • Digger90
    Free Member

What a GREAT event!

Despite SIX punctures (damn those sharp flints!) which cumulatively added 2hrs+ to our time we had an absolutely brilliant ride. Great scenery, great trails, etc.

Anyone else enjoy it?

Lantern-Rouge
    Free Member

Anyone else enjoy it?

Yes… once I’d crossed the finish line!

Was tougher then I expected. Don’t know if it was me but there seemed more off-road then was advertised – not that I’m complaining. Thought the route marking was excellent, couldn’t get lost even in the fog.

Just the one puncture early on for me. Looked like quite a few were suffering with punctures.

What were you riding Digger – cx or mtb? I went for the cx, although it was a tad uncomfortable by the end of the ride and part of me wished I’d gone for the mtb!

Digger90
    Free Member

I was on a CX bike.

Not ideal in the goopy mud with file-tread semi-slicks, especially changing 6 punctures!

But I had a smile on my face all the way around. Rode it with 2 mates, all of us on CX bikes, and we were just laughing all the way around.

robbo167
    Free Member

Yep..really enjoyed that,even the white knuckle descents….first time out on a crosser..are the brakes always that bad?…(on-one cantis)..if so I need to take more Brave Pills!

Will be back for more next year…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SCX Sportive today – Salisbury’ is closed to new replies.