Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Scott Grenade Pro or Scott O Zero knee pads?
  • smurf
    Free Member

Hi

After reading a few reviews and Jedi’s comments on STW, I’m sold on either a pair of Scott Grenade Pro or O Zero knee pads.

They are for general trail riding, with a little jumping, but I am hopng to get to do a few weekends away in Wales or Scotland during the lifetime of the pads. I think the Grenade Pros are more than enough but the shin pads included with the O zero’s could be handy now and again.

So, does anyone have any experience of either or ideally worn them both, and able to comment on the differences?

smurf

Rik
    Free Member

Or wear even sells them?

smurf
    Free Member

Indeed. I was figuring that a call to Scott would turn something up but they do pretty rare in the UK.

jedi

marshalls cycles sell them 🙂

smurf
    Free Member

Thanks – and they aren’t a million miles from me…handy

saxabar
    Free Member

—— Mispost ——–

Phototim
    Free Member

I run the grenade pro’s. They are light and flexible and not bulky at all which is ideal for pedalling and more all mountain use (although gr4eat for DH too, I use them for everything). They are D3O so don’t have the stiff plastic cup that can make knee pads uncompfortable. I also never have to pull them up which is rare for my skinny legs.

I used to like having shin pads, but you rarely slip a pedal compared to landing on your knees so I’m a convert to just knee pads now.

smurf
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. My legs are also skinny so the pros score points for staying up!

jedi

i dont like d30 pads. they are not as good as the basic grenade pad in my hammer test

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Scott Grenade Pro or Scott O Zero knee pads?’ is closed to new replies.