Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Scotland looks cold
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Brrrrr

lodious
    Free Member

I’m there….it is!

Liftman

It friggin feels cold too, twas -13 in Edinburgh this morning

TroutWrestler
    Free Member
    kennyp
    Free Member

It’s not that bad to be honest. Despite Edinburgh being down to about minus umpteen there’s been no wind and we’ve had blue skies all day, so as long as you wrapped up it was lovely.

Best winter we’ve had in years so far.

pixelmix
    Free Member

+1 Kennyp

Lovely conditions today and on Sunday. Blue skies, and no wind, so great for walking (or biking on suitable trails). Just can’t shift the snow/ice though. The road by us is about 3inches thick in well compacted ice now. Even some roads which are gritted are just a gritty/sandy combination as the grit isn’t effective enough.

epicyclo

It’s just wonderful 🙂

Today

kennyp
    Free Member

so great for walking (or biking on suitable trails).

The Bike Chain in Edinburgh are getting ice tyres in this week I think. I’ll be down there as soon as they arrive.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Scotland IS cold………-15 in West Lothian to be precise! 😈

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yes – it was terrible on this morning’s ride 🙂

December 7th by simon ralli, on Flickr

seosamh77
    Free Member

great day for cycling, never got quite this far but felt like it! My bike after my commute to work and back, sent home at 12.30 cause of the chaos yesterday! It was hilarious over taking cars in the snow today, i really think the problems up here yesterday were caused more by poor driving skills than anything else..not that i’m complaining 2 paid half days for bugger all! 🙂

BoardinBob

-12 just now

trailmonkey

When was that satelite picture taken ? August ?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Parky over Dunfy way…

341/365 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

Aye a superb day! -11.5 this morning in Killin, Crianlarich was -14 at 2pm this afternoon, was sunshine, avalanches and ice around work today. Bring it on!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

stuartie-c : you need to get that car fixed. It’s cold and all but no way near -105C. Unless you parked in some industrial / military freezer thing 😉

bigG
    Free Member

taken at 0334 this morning on the A80 while I was enjoying my 20hour journey home that seosamh thinks –

“i really think the problems up here yesterday were caused more by poor driving skills than anything else..

Nothing to do with the 3inch thick ice and freezing conditions then? Wish I’d had someone useful like you around this morning to show me how to drive through a queue of traffic…

ps it did get colder, by 0530 it was -16

falkirk-mark

I cannot believe you were listening to real radio (it is dire)

bigG
    Free Member

it is indeed dire, but slightly better than Radio 2 at that time of day (only slightly)

djglover
    Free Member

REAL radio, FFS

bigG
    Free Member

it is indeed dire, but slightly better than Radio 2 at that time of day (only slightly)

seosamh77
    Free Member

bigG, i’m not saying that was the issue exclusively clearly the weather fecked everything(I probably worded my post wrongly above), but it didn’t help, i don’t know about on the motorways and when you got closer into chookterville(clearly there was worse snow on higher ground), but around glasgow, that and peoples inability to walk anywhere caused stupid problems, i don’t know how many idiots i’ve heard got stuck trying to get from the city centre to the southside for 4 hours when you can walk it to most places in an hour… stupidity played a bit part in the choas yesterday imo… while walking home at 3pm i saw people heading onto the motorway after it’d be reported all day that it was going nowhere..

afmell
    Free Member

Felt like a bit of an idiot yesterday when I biked from Edinburgh out to work @ Queensferry and it took 2hrs instead of the usual 35 mins (3 foot of snow in places) – then people started turning up in their cars after a 4 hour+ commute 😯 …. now I feel sensible 🙂 Tomorrow will be fun at -10, think I’ll try the off-road route, it might be faster.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Scotland looks cold’ is closed to new replies.