Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Scirocco or TT
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Which would you rather?

jam-bo

corrado

Gary_M
    Free Member

Scirocco, although I haven't driven one I have driven a tt and didn't find it very exciting. Scirocco is a far far nicer looking car in my opinion.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Just spent the weekend walking past a new Scirocco, it happened to be parked just outside my house. I like. Lots.

Looked like it would have been substantially bigger than a TT (one of my all time fave's), even big enough for a bike maybe!

I think I'd have a job choosing. What are the prices like, I've always found TT to be way too expensive.

binners

You only need to ask yourself one question. Are you a hairdresser? 😀

KT1973
    Free Member

Porsche Boxster S

clubber
    Free Member

even big enough for a bike maybe!

TT will fit a bike in fine FWIW.

RustySpanner

New Scirocco's are lovely – best looking VW for ages.

However,

C'mon Ford, lets have a new one…….

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Ford = Rubbish!

TheFlyingOx

For that money? NSX.

Shandy
    Free Member

What size of engine molgrips?

TT design is getting pretty dated now.

psychle
    Free Member

Saw a demo Peugeot RCZ out on the road yesterday, that looked quite nice as well, very TT like 8)

Shandy
    Free Member

A mate of mine drives a 206, I was behind him last week and his brake light was broken. He reassured me that the problem only occurs after heavy rain, and corrects itself after a couple of days of dry weather. 😆

mtbfix

Assuming you are looking at the current motors then – Golf. Same chassis, engine, etc. More room for bikes and people.

Olly
    Free Member

lol, my 206 used to do that, but its sorted now, apparently a "design hickup" rather than an occasional fault.

RCZ is awesome, and would be top as an HDi i reckons…

Scirrocco is the best looking of the two by a long way
    but the TT in 4wd version?

both german cars, so either way you get the complimentary "liscence to drive like a prick and be hated by all other road users"

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you a hairdresser?

Don't give a FF about what the top gear crowd think!

What size of engine molgrips?

Diesel, obviosuly 🙂

Dont' want a Golf cos – it's a Golf. This is all about style and aesthetics as well as performance/handling.

bigsi
    Free Member

Skoda Octavia vRS. Will thrash the pant's off the same spec TT and cost's a damn sight less, oh and it can take 3 riders with bikes and kit inside in comfort 😯

Few People buy cars like Sciroccos or TTs because they're exciting to drive. Most buy them because they look nice, are pretty quick and handle reasonably well.

I'm changing my Honda Civic for a TT in summer. I looked at the Scirocco and it's a nice car, just not as nice as a TT (imho). It also looked easier to get a bike in and out of the TT as the boot opening in the Scirocco is like a letterbox.

molgrips
    Free Member

Will thrash the pant's off the same spec TT and cost's a damn sight less

You are SO missing the point…

chrissyboy
    Free Member

I love the look of the Peugeot RCZ in pictures – can't wait to see one!

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/rcz

happysnapper
    Free Member

The Peugeot looks nice. Although I can't help thinking it's what you'd get if a TT humped a smart car (it's the silver roof struts).

What do I know, I bought an Alfa GT last weekend. It will probably break down (allegedly) but I love it already. Will fit bikes etc but it's not German (therefore has personality for all the flaws that that brings with it). Much more fun to drive than my old A3 quattro.

glenh
    Free Member

That RCZ does look quite good.

However, every Peugeot I've ever driven (which is quite a few, since my employer has a deal with a Peugeot garage for hire cars) has be dreadful.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Get a Nissan 370Z instead

rkk01
    Free Member

Alfa GT or Brera.

Always had a soft spot for the GT – stylish and practical size. Red GT cloverleaf diesel…?

The TT is very nice, but like many German cars, a little anodyne?? There's precision, but no passion. Scirroco is just plain ugly from some angles – rear three quarter view

psychle
    Free Member

I love the look of the Peugeot RCZ in pictures – can't wait to see one!

Saw one as I was riding round Richmond Park yesterday; actually, saw it 3 times as I think it was doing laps, it was liveried with a big 'Peugeot RCZ… coming soon' sticker, so I reckon it was there to get the interest of their 'target demographic' (quite prevelant in that area on a Sunday I'd guess 😉 ).

It looked very good, I'd never even heard of it before and was straight on Google when I got home, so they're cunning ploy worked (even better, I'm now spreading the word on random internet forums… brilliant marketing from Puegeot! 😆 )

molgrips
    Free Member

Alfa's diesel appears to be slower and less economical than the VAG offerings?

rkk01
    Free Member

Peugeot haven't made a decent drivers car since the 205 / 309 series GTi's

l45key
    Free Member

What about a Mondeo?

Sorry went into stock STW answer 😀

I would take the Scirroco everytime, friend has just bought a 1.4tsi in blue and it's lovely.

the-muffin-man

That Peugeot design looks over-fussy and cheap to me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Scirrocos must have more room in the back, surely?

rkk01
    Free Member

Alfa's diesel appears to be slower and less economical than the VAG offerings?

Quite possibly – the 1.9D in the GT is a Euro IV compliant engine. 170bhp, 58mpg combined.

erny
    Free Member

My wife has just bought a TT roadster,it is a great car to drive and puts a big smile on your face everytime i drive it,no chance of carrying my bike it it though,the new shape is a lot icer than the older one imo

happysnapper
    Free Member

I've got the 1.9 170bhp Alfa GT (Cloverleaf in blue). It is not at all slow compared to my old 2.0TDI A3. It's much more engaging to drive but does understeer if you're really pushing corners (it's front wheel drive). The Q2 limited slip makes quite a difference here. I looked at the Brera but it's a little too small inside for my liking (similar to the TT). You can get a bike in ok with the seats down but there wasn't enough height in the boot for the pooch.

The A3 quattro had great traction but just felt detached. I think the older TT's suffered from this as well (according to a mate who drives one) but the new model is a different beast.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Audi UR Quattro ala ashes to ashes. The best 5 cylinder noise ever.

brakes
    Free Member

TTs are boring to drive, my Mum drives one and she's well old (sorry Mum) and only uses 1st, 2nd and 5th gear 😀
    Scirocco's are very pretty, especially in white

Northwind

I followed one of these for a while today til I got bored, it's very nice in the white. Bit, well, generic, it reminded me of a lot of other cars but it was a nice bit of kit.

NZCol

I had a scirocco for 2 days a few weeks back in metallic snot green. It was the 2.0ltr turbo i think with DSG. It was OK to drive, really poor visibility though esp on the front pillars. Well put together, would eat tyres though as even with the DSG i was wheelspinning it a lot in the dry (it was a loan car and therefore needed to be booted). Boot has a huuuge lip to get stuff in and out, looks like a back breaker, very deep but a foot deep almost lip. Umm, looked pish in green, nice wheels. I wasn;t a fan of the DSG but then i'm used to the tiptronic in my 911 so it was just different, not good for downshifts under power. Nice to look at though

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Diesel, obviosuly

Nononononononononononononooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

WrongWrongWrongWrongWrongWrongWrongWrongWrongWrongWrongWrong.

Diesel + Sportscar/coupe =

NOTE – I really like the new Sirocco. Quite possibly the best looking car VW has made in the last 30 years. But I'd still buy an Alfa. 😀

rootes1

Scirocco

oxnop
    Free Member

I was all geared up to buy a scirocco (2.0T -DSG) – we had a half day test drive, it looked really nice and drove pretty well (this one had the magnetic suspension thingy) – really small in the back. We ended up buying a 2yr old GTI DSG – it was nearly half the price and we actually own it rather than pcp'ing it.

Plus where I live all the old men drive scirocco's to try and look cool!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Scirocco or TT’ is closed to new replies.