Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Sciatica
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

An vote for an osteopath rather than a Chiropractor here, the latter seem to always want to sign you up to a course of treatment, etc, whereas all the good osteopaths are surprised if you have to come back for a second treatment.

My wife does some work at a chiro clinic and could get free treatment, but instead will trek up to London for a total bill of about £100 to see the osteo I see sometimes. He does an extensive deep tissue massage before any manipulations, so they tend to ‘take’. The chiro she works at give an initial manipulation and then the rest of the ‘treatments’ involve some pen thing that takes 5 minutes to apply and relieves you of £35.

A friend had hamstring problems for about a year of seeing doctors and physios, then visited an osteo near Victoria (I think) and is now making progress.

LoCo
    Free Member

Physio and Pilates helped alot with mine, due to back innjury and plenty of stretching before and after rides/exercise.

roady_tony
    Free Member

i was in the same boat as some others posted here, a compressed disc and irritated sciatic nerve – did everything listed, stretches , physio, osteo, 2 mri’s (1 paid for myself), surgeon consult… until they said to me that ‘i may have it for ever due to the nerve itself being damaged’

went to a great guy in Otley Leeds who did PROLOTHERAPY, 8 sessions of injections of special liquid directly into the ‘damaged’ nerve area and him telling me i cannot take any more pain killers or anti inflams and i MUST MUST ride continually through the pain for 1 hour daily

pain went! i cried, i now ride. 🙂

i dont know if it was damaged or what, all i know it the pain went. i
    “The Wharfedale Clinic, otley, leeds’ will give you contact details via google search.

donsimon
    Free Member

McTimoney is my surname. It also works on dogs and horses.

What? Calling your dog or horse McTimoney?

Physio sorted mine about 5-6 years ago, I went from constant niggling pain and occasional severe pain and bedridden to 100% perfect 99% of the time with occasional niggles. She’s in Madrid so you can have a short holiday too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Taking up rowing sorted mine out. As well as some really good simple stretches.

donsimon
    Free Member

rowing

Boat or arguing?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Boat or arguing?

Both (only when the fat northerner gets involved for the second).

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Sciatica’ is closed to new replies.