Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Schwalbe Rocket Ron v Conti X-King
  • dickie
    Free Member

Rocket Ron 2.25 Tubeless Ready Pacestar v X-King 2.2 RaceSport Tubeless Ready.

Anybody used both? Opinions?
    To used tubeless with sealent.

I’ve got Rocket Ron Performance at the mo with sealent but just wondering what the X-Kings are like when shortly requiring new, or whether to go for the better spec RoRo’s.

dickie
    Free Member

Or anyone tried just X-Kings?

starsh78
    Free Member

rocket rons drifted in most of the corners i ever went round, i am now running conti vertical pro’s which are pretty good, my dad swears by cross kings tho.

ruscle
    Free Member

Not used RR but the conti x-kings 2.4’s are sweet tyres, I would opt for the protection as seal aswell but have stronger side walls so can run lower pressure. Gripped nearly aswell as Rubber queens in all conditions and are a fast tread, they give you good float over the rough aswell due to their volume. Only real downside was in really rocky terrain the side walls got scuffed up quickly as they have a very round profile. Moved onto bonty xr4’s as nearly as good but wear better and are cheaper, I would still run the conti’s if I earnt more money!

mboy
    Free Member

Know someone who’s been running a 2.4″ X-King on the back of his Gravity Enduro bike for a while. He rates it very highly, says its very grippy and the 2.4″ is a good enough size (more like a 2.2″ Rubber Queen). The X-King isn’t quite the full on super lightweight, grip-less ultra fast tyre that the Rocket Ron’s are, they’re definitely heavier, but from what I understand they grip far better.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    rickon
    Free Member

grip-less ultra fast tyre that the Rocket Ron’s are

Do you mean Racing Ralphs?

Rocket Rons have a stonking amount of grip, on rocky stuff and wet muddy ground. They are very thin, but if you ride smoothly that’s not an issue.

I’d be very interested to know the answer to this one too, the only thing that’s held me back from the X-King are the reports of leaky sidewalls that wont seal and nobbles falling off.

karl1824
    Free Member

I have not run RR’s but have X kings on my XC bike, although use tubes, they are grippy and pretty fast but no issues with lost nobbles. I started with these for better grip on steep climbs mainly, without loosing any speed, work well all round, hook up really well. I ride pretty aggressive stuff but am about 70KG too, weather that makes a difference?

tony24
    Free Member

Got x kings on both bikes they have fantastic grip and roll very quick for the amount of grip they give.

If your interested i have 2 x x kings in 2.4 protection you can have for £50 posted they are only a couple of rides old i am using 2.2 now they come up fairly big with good volume

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks Tony – would have to be 2.2 for me on a Turner DW Flux.

tony24
    Free Member

No worries mate you will need a 2.2 without a doubt.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Rocket Ron v Conti X-King’ is closed to new replies.