Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Schwalbe Rapid Rob's 29er?
  • ads678

any one with any experience of these?

I’m looking for a general fast rolling tyre that i can use for commuting, road or canal tow path, and easy trails. no techy muddy trails, maybe a bit of trail centre hard pack. not breaking the bank either and you can get these for about £15 each.

Or any recomendations for a semi slick 29er tyre?

cooie

I’ve got them(from http://www.charliethebikemonger.com) Had Nevegals and needed a fast rolling tyre for a road ride, so got these. Made a big difference, and as you say cheap! Still got them on,as using bike to commute at the mo. Think they are basically a Racing Ralph tread. HTH.

ads678

Yeah was gonna get them from there. Cheers, reckon i’ll give them a go.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wobbliscott
    Free Member

I have these installed front and back and run about 35psi with tubes. They are a fast rolling tyre and I’ve been impressed by the grip in all conditions. Tyre wear on the rear is quite high, but I’ve been riding a lot of rocky and gravelly trails. I have been impressed by their grip in craggy mud also, which I wasn’t expecting given the small closely packed tread blocks. Puncture resistance seems good too.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Also considered Rapid Rob as a budget set of tyres, but found out the Smart Sam to be waay better in terms of rolling speed on the tarmac and it still provide plenty of grip in the offroad conditions.
    I’d thought rear Smart Sam / front Rapid Rob might be a nice combo as well!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Rapid Rob's 29er?’ is closed to new replies.