• This topic has 29 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • School Reunions
  • ittaika
    Free Member

As this is the year that most of my former school classmates are hitting 40, one of them has decided to organise a school renuion.

Other than one guy – who moved to Canada – and a few very brief messages on facebook, I’m not in touch with anyone I was at school with. Looking forward to seeing how some are getting on and am curious as to whether some of them ever grew out of being utter *****.

Any one been to one or got any amusing or otherwise tales of such events?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

surely only beneficial if you fancy getting it on with your teenage crush?

Friends Reunited to do one of the things that Facebook does

🙂

ittaika
    Free Member

🙂

breatheeasy
    Free Member

At our reunion last year one girl I was talking to did ask me how old I was. Err, the same age as you seeing as I was in your class at school….

breatheeasy
    Free Member

And reunions normally confirm the three or four things you often wondered about:
    a) no, she wasn’t that fit
    b) oh yes, she was, still is and you would…
    c) the idiots never did much with their lives
    d) the clever ones mostly did

Whilst I’ve enjoyed travelling, trying new hobbies, getting out on the bike etc. since school it was nice to have one guy I vaguely knew join our little ‘group’ chatting about old times because the school crowd he used to hang out with just repeating tales of how drunk they still got on weekend and what Marbella was like last year and he wanted to talk to people who had done something with their lives.

philconsequence
    Free Member

surely facebook has completely wiped out the need for reunions to find out what old school ‘mates’ have been up to?

mrmo
    Free Member

I find the reunion thing odd, i am not in contact with people for a reason.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Nothing on earth would get me to go to a re-union. I stayed in touch with the folk I wanted to stay in touch with, the rest could have fallen off the face of the earth for all I care.

ittaika
    Free Member

You’ve got me thinking now – I didn’t keep in touch mwith many of them for a reason. Having said that, when I have bumped into some of them, it’s been nice to catch up.

DezB
    Free Member

At our reunion last year one girl I was talking to did ask me how old I was. Err, the same age as you seeing as I was in your class at school….

Brilliant 😆

BigJohn

So she thinks you’re still 16 then?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Steer well clear. There is no flippin way I’d attend one.

I lost contact with that little lot for some very good reasons. A couple I did keep in contact with are still (loose) friends.

Think of my old skool friends as Ostriches (head in the Sand/Arse in the air types)

PJM1974
    Free Member

Not for me…I’m in touch with all of the old schoolfriends I want to be in touch with already. I’m not curious as to who married whom, or who still smells/is on parole/still lives with their parents etc. Nor do I care about the ones who inevitably made a success of their lives in IT.

grum
    Free Member

Other than one guy – who moved to Canada – and a few very brief messages on facebook, I’m not in touch with anyone I was at school with.

I find it a bit odd for someone not to still be mates with some of the people they went to school with – is this normal?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I find it a bit odd for someone not to still be mates with some of the people they went to school with – is this normal?

Depends…most of my mates lives have gone in different directions in the intervening 22 years and there’s less and less common ground in between.

ittaika
    Free Member

PJM1974 – the IT bit in particular made me LOL

grum – I went to school in a small country town so lost touch with a lot of folks when we all headed off to different uni’s / colleges / jobs

binners

I’d rather remove my own testicles with the aid of a pair of garden shears than meet 95% of the ****s I went to school with.

If I want to know what they’re up to, I simply ring my mum, get her to have a flick through the crime reports of the local paper, and fill me in

emsz
    Free Member

Still see most of my school “friends” in local pubs and clubs and wotnot. Most of them made my school life pretty shit tbh, and some I wouldnt “you know” on if they were on fire. In a club not long ago I was refered to as ” that lezza bitch”

Hey ho!

grum
    Free Member

grum – I went to school in a small country town so lost touch with a lot of folks when we all headed off to different uni’s / colleges / jobs

Yeah me too, I just stayed in touch after school with quite a few – went to visit them at their unis and vice versa, met up when we went back home for holidays etc. I assumed that was normal.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Probably not. I’m not in touch with anyone I was at school with, my friends all went to different schools, I moved to a different town, I would sometimes like to know how some of the people I went to school with are doing almost 30 years later. But it’s a fleeting thought.

I suppose if you still live in the same area where you went to school then it might be more difficult to not stay in touch with people. I left school, moved to a different part of the city a couple of years later, did different things from the people I was at school with so I can understand why I didn’t see any of them again.

ittaika
    Free Member

I know what you mean emsz and binners – most of them were horrible little gits at school. And facebook has taken some of the potential fun out of it, unless folks are using lots of photoshopped pictres.

Keva
    Free Member

I met up with a bunch of old school friends a couple of weeks ago. We met up for the first time since school three years ago at a friends 40th. We all get on fine just as we did when we were at school. What is weird is how you can feel so comfortable around people you haven’t really seen much of in the last 27 years, yet only really spent five years kicking around with anyway.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Schadenfreude fest – just go to see if the scroats got what they deserved.
    Went to one last year for my old school, was surprisingly pleasant as most of the scroats were otherwise accommodated. There was the hilarious drunken snog in the carpark from one ex-couple, the jeers and shouts prove that we can all return to being 16yrs old pretty quickly!

plumber
    Free Member

I managed to snog all the girls I’d previously missed out on and piss off the dicks I intended too

Job accomplied

No need to return to that little group again.

yossarian
    Free Member

Wow, some defensive posts 😉 wonder why?

Why not go along and be funny, happy, erudite and pleased to see people? Just have a chat about old times and a bit of a laugh. It’s not a trial.

GJP
    Free Member

I would like to know what happened to my first proper girlfriend, the one who ditched me for a guy with only one leg.

I know in this modern era of Political Correctness that should not bother me, but as a horny 17 year old, all those years ago, it seemed a little surreal, as inexperienced as I was at that time, surely I was not that bad in the sack. 😆

Unfortunately no one at my school could be arsed about a reunion so it never happened.

But hey ho, I now have a very successful career in IT to look back on

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We had a reunion a few years back when we all hit 30. Was amazing – all the girls were complete horrors and all the guys hadn’t changed a bit!

druidh
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    Wow, some defensive posts wonder why?

I guess it confirms the theory that most of the STW posters were sad, lonely, insecure dweebs who couldn’t make “real” friends. 😛

FWIW, I went to a school reunion a few years back and it was really good fun.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I guess it confirms the theory that most of the STW posters were sad, lonely, insecure dweebs who couldn’t make “real” friends.

I was just thinking, was everyone on STW really the kid who got bullyed?

I’m hopeless at keeping in contact with people, I put it down to moving about a bit as a kid meaning I tend to make friends/acquaintances quickly and forget them just as quick.

emsz
    Free Member

Why not go along and be funny, happy, erudite and pleased to see people? Just have a chat about old times and a bit of a laugh. It’s not a trial

because…at the beginning of yr10 i was outed, and most of the girls, and most of the boys for that matter made my life shit for the next few years. The people who were my friends then, are still my friends now

some of us didn’t have great school memories.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘School Reunions’ is closed to new replies.