Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SC super light bearing help
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

was changing the bearing on my 2011 super light and the non drive side popped out with ease but the drive side fell to pieces on me leaving with the outer part still in the frame ! any ideas how to get this out ? cheers

Rich

boltonjon

Chicken fat and feathers. Works everytime 😆

Brainflex

very carefully. Take it to a professional.

z1ppy

What have you been doing to it? I’ve a 2007 which has never had the bearings done

Taking it to the LBS you bought it from might prudent (or even contacting whoever sold it to you), as the bearing failing so quickly doesn’t seem normal.

Otherwise a blind bearing puller is normally needed, your local engineering shop (or ‘proper’ garage) should have a blind bearing puller which will do it in minutes without causing damage.
    Though rawlplugs can be used to a similar effect, though I’m not sure how easy it is to find them in a big enough size.

julianwilson
    Free Member

SC/jungle are pretty serious about bearings and bearing life: bearings are garuanteed, and iirc replaced free (the bearings, nhot so sure about the labour!) for the life of the frame if of course you are the original owner. So a failure within a year is worth raising with your bike shop. FWIW the bearings on mrs j’s 2011 superlight look about the same size as the ones on my 2005 bullit, so I expect hers to last a lot longer than a year!

My lbs replaced two collapsed bearings in front triangle under similar circumstances on a Scott I once had, and the labour was about £30 (replacement bearings also free).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SC super light bearing help’ is closed to new replies.