Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SC chainsuck plates- seriously?
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

Serious design flaw this – First one lasted 2 weeks. Second was carefully prepped and araldited into place, disappeared in 4 rides. Third was araldited and zip tied. Ripped off at the weekend. Has anyone got a successful way to keep this bit of metal stuck to the frame. All I have now is a frame with about 3 mm of araldited which cannot be removed and no metal plate. I know it’s required because my old Alu frame took a total kicking at this location. Any ideas?

andyl
    Free Member

no idea what the plates are you are fitting but there is a lot of energy in a chainsuck event so what you use either has to be VERY strong to withstand it or stop it happening. Maybe you need to change the way you are setting up the plates so they knock the chain off the rings sooner when hooked and prevent an unrecoverable situation which is very hard to protect against.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Also no idea which plates you’re on about but I used to have one like one of these:

on a bike that suffered chain suck regularly – despite being bolted down so tight I bent the plates (6mm alu) it would still shift if I got suck without being very attentive and immediately back pedalling.

thepodge
    Free Member

if you are gluing it in place I don’t think the error is with the manufacturer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SC chainsuck plates- seriously?’ is closed to new replies.