Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Saw doctors
  • handyman
    Free Member

Am listening to All the way from tuam cd , great rocking music anyone else listen to them

TheDBF
    Free Member

Superb band, even better live, got a few of their albums including that one 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Their songs reek of sentimentality sometimes, but N17 still makes me miss home just a little bit. And they are a raucous live act.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Saw (sic) them in Holmfirth end of 2008, good night out and possibly the most oirish band ever, only the drummer didn't look inbred. 😯

shmoo
    Free Member

Got to agree, saw them live about 7 – 8 years ago, fantastic, when they did Hey jude in the encore it was ( and still is) one of the most amazing moments of my life, genuine 'hair standing up on back of your neck' moments.

Awesome

woodsman
    Free Member

A mate of mine had a job title as 'saw doctor'! He worked at a saw mill and was responsible for maintaining the saws – of course, and repairing the cracks that appear in them, it sounded more involved that I imagined, with heat treating the blades etc! There you go some useless info 🙂

genesis
    Free Member

Seen them several times, a friends daughter is on the cover of one of the albums. They're superb.

bedmaker

I'd love to bang the bangles

Some songwriting genius right there 😀

Blackhound

Always liked them and seen them a number of times, a good live band.

Went to school on the N17 – though to me it was the Kilkelly road back then.

Listening to 'Neck' recently and started to appreciate there take on thinks after a few listens.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whereaboots was that then Blackhound?

handyman
    Free Member

yeah saw them at norwich UEA back in the 90;s brilliant

anagallis_arvensis

bloody hell I saw them in the LCR at norwich uni in erm….. 1992 I think. Type of band you want to think are shit but cant help liking and live they were fantastic.

genesis
    Free Member

Davey was saying the reception they get in the US is amazing!

birdy
    Free Member

Didnt the drummer leave just before they were about to play Glastonbury because he had won the Irish/Euro lottery?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Saw doctors’ is closed to new replies.