Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Saving Private Ryan on Channel4
  • genesis
    Free Member

Sooo much potential in that opening sequence that then drifts off into the usual sentimental guff. Band of Brothers was outstanding and Pacific looks to top it!

brakes
    Free Member

thanks for the heads up, ice hockey is dull

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

beach scene is horrific

jedi

amazing start

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yeah BoB is my favourite tv show ever. Really excited about the Pacific version, although don't subscribe to movies so might have to get creative there :-).

Daffy

SPR is a damned good film and BoB wouldn't have happened without it.

Rich_s

…but Cocktail is on Film4.

Mmmmm…………Elisabeth Shue

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

Sooo much potential in that opening sequence that then drifts off into the usual sentimental guff

If only film critics were as concise and to the point.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

SPR is a good film, perhaps a shade to long, can't get enough of BOB must of watched the series 6-7 time now, Shame the new Pacific thats coming out is only on HD though, utter rot, they should put it on Sky 1! Tossers

genesis
    Free Member

Only on Movies and MoviesHD? Booo! We Were Soldiers is my all time favourite movie, the part when the telegrams start arriving makes me bawl especially since becoming a dad 😳 the book is rather good too.

Pickers

Just bought BoB Bluray box set at HMV for £25. Money well spent I reckon.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Band of Brothers was good simply because it was a true story written by a historian (Stephen Ambrose I believe).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And I am pissed off they are only showing Pacific on Sky Movies – ufcking rip off.

cxi
    Free Member

Tom Sizemore is great in war/action moives – SPR, Heat, Blackhawk Down.

Has he done any films that don't involve guns? 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

Just watched District 9 – best film I've seen in a long while.

johnners
    Free Member

Band of Brothers was good simply because it was a true story written by a historian (Stephen Ambrose I believe

More hagiographer than historian.

MrOvershoot

Pickers – Member
    Just bought BoB Bluray box set at HMV for £25. Money well spent I reckon.

If you didn't have the DVD box set, good purchase.
    I did have the DVD set and IMO the Blu-ray set is no real step up as the original series had a lot of post production put on to make it appear slightly grainy (like a 40's newsreel) the HD sound is even better than the 5.1DTS on the original but that might be because I upgraded my AV amp.

Still bloody good stuff all the same!

Rich_s

Sooo much potential in that opening sequence that then drifts off into the usual sentimental guff.

Speaking of which, Rita Sue and Bob too is on now…

stanfree
    Free Member

Watchin SPR now and I think its still awesome , If you like this seek out the korean movie "Brotherhood" as it is also amazing. Its the story of two brothers in the Korean conflict .

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

thanks for the heads up, ice hockey is dull
    So what's your game then?

timdrayton
    Free Member

Haven't watched spr for year. Isn't there a disturbing stabbing scene?

If it's the one I am thinking of it gave me nightmares, german guy apologising as he slowly stabs…… Errrggh

genesis
    Free Member

Yes its towards the end as they're making the last stand to hold the bridge.

Smudger666

And I am pissed off they are only showing Pacific on Sky Movies – ufcking rip off.

Hmmmmm, commercial enterprise in making money shock?

If I had a company that had a product that was in demand, i'm certain I'd make as much commercial profit as possible.

If you want it so badly, then pay. If you dont, dont.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Rich_s – Member

Sooo much potential in that opening sequence that then drifts off into the usual sentimental guff.

Speaking of which, Rita Sue and Bob too is on now…

That's more like it! Guiltless sex with teenagers half your age! Eh? 😯

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Everyone should have to watch that opening sequence at least once in their life. It's brutal, but that's what it's like to fight in a war.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Saving Private Ryan on Channel4’ is closed to new replies.