Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Savannah !! (Simon King content)
  • geoffj

What were they thinking 🙄

Quite a decent programme though.

tails
    Free Member

ahhh, she seems a lovely little child very happy.

Bunnyhop

Very cute indeed and advanced for her age.
    No telly/computer/d.s in her bedroom at night. Lots of fresh air and playing out and about, perfect childhood really.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

The hairy biker?

CountZero

They were thinking “ let's take our little girl to one of the most beautiful parts of the world, let her enjoy an experience very few children will have the luxury of, and teach her to appreciate a life full of wonder at an age when she can start to understand the wonder of what our planet has to offer".
    Why? What, exactly, did you imagine they were thinking?
    Simon is a fantastic cameraman and naturalist, and his adorable little girl is being brought up in the best way a child could possibly be brought up.
    Or do you think she should be left for months at a time with a childminder while mummy and daddy work hundreds of miles away?

geoffj

Count. I was questioning the name. Not how he lives his life. I agree it's a wonderful experience for a child. I just feel for her. It's a name like Chardonnay which will not age very well IMHO. Anyway, to each their own.
    And yes I know he probably has a more legitimate reason than most to give her a name like that.

nbt

s'like Paris or Brooklyn, innit? Named after the place of conception, given that both parents do wildlife photography and camerawork for al iving 🙂

geoffj

s'like Paris or Brooklyn, innit?

That's what I thought, but its not. Savannah is a type of habitat. It'd be like calling your kid Sand Dune or Woodland Pasture or something.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Her name is rather unique..but a damn sight bettr than Peaches, I thought it was wonderful that they were able to show their daughter what a fantastic place the Shetlands are, my eldest son who is very kean on birds & wildlife realy wants to go there, so I will have to plan a holiday to Shetland sometime. It must be wonderful for Simon King to share his knowledge with his daughter. good on them.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My niece's best friend is called Tarragon.

skidartist
    Free Member

s'like Paris or Brooklyn, innit? Named after the place of conception, given that both parents do wildlife photography and camerawork for al iving

I pity any child conceived in Ecclefechan if thats the case 😀

mtbfix

What is wrong with Savannah? Heck, my name is Timothy and comes from the Greek for 'God's honour' or some such. Just as mad IMO just we have forgotten what a lot of names mean these days. Geoff, I am informed, comes from old German and probably means 'peace'. It seems your folks may also be hippies 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Savannah !! (Simon King content)’ is closed to new replies.