Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sardinia Recommendations
  • LHS
    Free Member

Never been, thinking of a long weekend. Any recommendations? Nice place? Good hotels? Good beaches? Worth considering Sicily instead?

iDave
    Free Member

The Lemon House, cycling friendly, plus options to rock climb etc.

Fantastic island.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bit of local knowledge from one of the posters on this thread from a week or so ago.

footflaps

Bit more than a long WE, but been with Saddle Skedaddle MTBing across Sardinia and there is some great biking to be had – they do short and long trips (guided and self guided) – might be worth a look?

PeterHerold
    Free Member

Never been, thinking of a long weekend. Any recommendations? Nice place? Good hotels? Good beaches? Worth considering Sicily instead?

We have been developing the MTB’ing here for a couple of years now – see my posts on STW including one I just made about an English translation of the guide to the island.
    Some facts:-
    1. Sardinia is bigger than Wales and has higher mountains, you need to decide which bit of the island you want to go to and what type of riding you want to do
    2. flights to Olbia, Cagliari and Alghero. Of these, the best biking is in SW near Cagliari, so that might be your best bet for a long weekend. You can hire bikes from Pro Bike Pula
    3. you need something/someone to tell you where to ride
    (a) If you want (easier) XC riding, I just did the translation for this recently-published guide of the descriptions into EN

(b) you can also find some route descriptions (mostly in Italian, I have added some translations into English for routes near us) on mtb-forum
    (c) for a longer trip, Skedaddle have a good reputation
    4. if you have more than a long weekend (we are 2 hours’ drive from Cagliari) and fancy more technical riding, give me a shout

ciao & good luck Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sardinia Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.