Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • [sarcasm]Well done parcel force[/sarcasm]
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I ordered some wheels and bits for the nippers bike last Wednesday from a very well respected online bike shop who unfortunately use parcelfarce. Only delivery option was parcelfarce 24hr for about £6 extra. After getting the old man to wait in my house for the best part of the day the online tracker shows that the parcel is now in Croydon, 200 miles away!!! By the time the stuff finally makes its way back oop north to my front door they will have done more miles than they ever will on the bike.

3 working days to deliver a next day package.
    Parcelfarce, gotta love ’em.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Almost as much as the bike left on my doorstep. Apparently, the person two doors along from me signed it and said they’d keep an eye on it. Spoke to this person who not only denied it, had a different name to the person whose name was on the signing form. It turned out that the name was the name on the wrought iron gate at the bottom of this person’s garden and was the name of the people who’d sold the house 10 years before. parcelfarce fkwit had just forged a name and dumped a bike on my doorstep.

tootallpaul

And they just mangled the frame that I posted with them last week.

I’m screwed on that one…

fadass
    Free Member

I had a “sorry you weren’t in” slip left on the stairs – at work – for a parcel that the rather rotund delivery chap couldn’t manage to get up the 14 steps it actually is……nothing large or awkward shaped for him to try to wrestle like a bike, just a rear derraileur in a small box. Bless him.

cupra
    Free Member

Parcelforce are superb for me. The driver lives in the same village and I’ve got to know him pretty well, he has even kept a bike in his own garage for me and told me so on the sorry we missed you card. I’m not without tails of woe though, City Link, now they are sh*te.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Touch wood parcel force haven’t lost or damaged anything of mine but they have never been on time for 24hr i find its closer to 72hr+ every time but if you complain you get no where with them as the help line people just don’t give a dame.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You shouldn’t be surprised. Have you seen how incompetent Parcel force Pat is with his special delivery service? Something goes wrong every time! It’s sheer luck, every week, which keeps him from being given his cards.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

UPS managed to cock up deliver of my new Mac Pro 3 times at least. Because apparently my address ‘din’t exist’. The building’s only bin there 30 odd years, like. 🙄

In the end they got a local cab firm to deliver it. He found the address no problem….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And I once saw a Parcelfarce vayn drive past my house 3 times looking for it. The driver din’t bother to get out and ask for directions in the shop, or off a passerby, no, drove up and down then gave up. Useless. I wonder how on Earth some of these people actually get the job, or is a requirement to be as thick as pig poo? 😕

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

City Link, now they are sh*te.

Oh god where do I start..?

nealglover
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member
    Almost as much as the bike left on my doorstep. Apparently, the person two doors along from me signed it and said they’d keep an eye on it. Spoke to this person who not only denied it, had a different name to the person whose name was on the signing form. It turned out that the name was the name on the wrought iron gate at the bottom of this person’s garden and was the name of the people who’d sold the house 10 years before. parcelfarce fkwit had just forged a name and dumped a bike on my doorstep.

You missed out on the chance of a free bike there by the sound of it.

Deny it was delivered at all, wasn’t there when you got home.

They go to the house that the driver reckons signed for it, nobody by that name lived there for 10 years.

You get a refund. Parcel force lost a bike and pays out compensation to the company that supplied it.

(they might get better drivers eventually if that happened more often ?)

Elmo
    Free Member

My bike was delivered fine, as is the majority of the other stuff that whizz’s it’s way around the world daily.
    I’ve never had a problem.
    Maybe the shop sent it late? All to easy to blame the courier.
    And you’d be surprised how hard it is to locate some places,no matter how easy YOU think it is.

Just sayin 🙂

cheburashka
    Free Member

To be fair, I could set my clocks by Parcel Force deliveries, to the credit of a delivery bloke who’s good. But my experience of sending stuff isn’t so rosy.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Deny it was delivered at all, wasn’t there when you got home.

They go to the house that the driver reckons signed for it, nobody by that name lived there for 10 years.

You get a refund. Parcel force lost a bike and pays out compensation to the company that supplied it.

Dishonest. Obtaining goods by deception. Criminal offence. Worse than the delivery guy making stuff up, as what they’re doing is not actually a crime, as far as I am aware…

A friend ended up with two MP3 players after the delivery bod left the first in the recycling box under some stuffs. She reported the non-delivery of the original one, company sent another one out FOC, neighbour then found the first when they were sorting out their recyling. She told the company, expecting to send one back, they told her to keep it as a ‘goodwill gesture’.

She then gave the spare one to me, as a gift. 😀

Crap first delivery bod though; sposed to get a bona fide signature. Bit rubbish when you’ve paid for a service and they don’t do their job propply.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘[sarcasm]Well done parcel force[/sarcasm]’ is closed to new replies.