Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Santa-phobic children…
  • MoreCashThanDash

Is it just us?

Babyswadey turns 4 on Monday, and is still scared of Santa – likes to look at pictures, happy that he brings presents to good boys and girls at Christmas, but refuses to get close to one in “real” life and insists on Christmas Eve that her stocking stays outside the bedroom door rather than in her room so Santa doesn’t come into her room.

Luckily, Santa is not offended and still brings her presents.

Thing is, 10 months ago we were sure she’d have grown out of it this year, so we booked up and tomorrow we are heading off to Lapland to see the original Santa. Haven’t told either of the kids yet, think we may have to sell it to her as a chance to see snow and reindeer…….

uplink
    Free Member

Lots of kids are like that
    I think it’s the proximity that does it

One of ours was always asking whether or not he would come upstairs & we had to re-assure him that he wouldn’t
    Just keep the red suited fella at arms length & don’t leave the nipper without one of you to hold on to

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Your child is scared of strange men with beards and you’re worried about it??

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine grew out of this about that age good luck
    Bet that cost an absolute fortune

project
    Free Member

So is it acceptable to take a small imature child to see a strange man wearing a red dressing gown, wearing wellies inside, sitting on a big chair, and wearing a false beard, you tell the child this strange man will be dellivering your childs toys over christmas eve, you also tell the child its acceptable to talk to this strange man, yet you warn the same child not to talk to strangers, even possibly neighbours.

Then you wonder why the child is scarred, most probably terrified of what his/her parents are trying to brainwash them to think is totally acceptable.

Wonders if FC has an up to date CRB check.

Trekster

Granddaughter @ 5 is still terrified, grandson would sit and talk all day

MoreCashThanDash

Project – every FC in the UK should have had a CRB check.

Don’t know about Lapland……I mean, it’s the Father Christmas, he must be above suspicion…..

Spud

Our 3yo is the same, terrified of any Santa she sees, luckily as Swadey says it won’t mean she misses her pressies! Apparently my wife was exactly the same…. Have a great trip, would love to take ours..

aracer
    Free Member

every FC in the UK should have had a CRB check.

Phew – well that makes completely certain that there’s no chance at all of them being a kiddie fiddler then.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They may have one but strictly speaking you only need one for unsupervised access to children or vulnerable adults – if no one else there and not in an open /public place /workplace.
    For example in our open plan office we do not strictly require them but once we go into a room with them [if we shut the door] we need one – we all have the enhanced one though except admin who just have the satndard one.
    I am not sure re Sant as the organisation needs to be registered to do a search [ usually via a proxy] so perhaps the all use agency santas.
    Either way you are there what could happen?
    I typed all that then realised that was sarcasm 😳

samuri
    Free Member

If they don’t like Santa, they get no presents. Trust me, they’ll have learned by next year.

emma82
    Free Member

Are kids allowed to sit on santas knee anymore? My friends keep posting pics on facebook of them standing just to the side. My other half was terrified of Santa and the whole idea of someone breaking into the house then sneaking around his and his brothers room so a mutual, safe drop off point had to be agreed on which was in the living room while his mum was still up to make sure he didn’t hang around.

Underhill
    Free Member

Maybe she can see through the tissue of lies and would actually prefer to know that her parents give her presents as a mark of their love, not some freakish-looking stranger who appears once a year?

Drac

Our 4 year old is petrified too she was in tears no other day as Santa was in his helicopter, she hates those too.

Kids can sit on his knee still but no where seems to do it anymore.

As for the don’t talk to strangers bit, it’s don’t talk to strangers unless your with an adult you know. That’s what I was taught too no confusion there.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Our 4 year old is petrified too she was in tears no other day as Santa was in his helicopter, she hates those too.

Did they buzz your neck of the woods too? I heard they did a tour of all the local schools. Didn’t realise they got as far as that!

MoreCashThanDash

Just to update you, she wouldn’t go near him, but it was still a great day.

How we laughed to land at East Midlands airport to scrape the ice of the car at -6 degrees. Odd how the Finns managed to keep their world turning that day at -33!

mmannerr

Unfortunately Finns are not doing the greatest job for curing the santa-phobia:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A29cVlrZXGQ (Rare exports -movie trailer on Youtube if link is not working)

🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Santa-phobic children…’ is closed to new replies.