• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jfeb.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Santa Cruz sizing query
  • mph16
    Free Member

I am 6ft 2 will a Santa Cruz XC carbon – large fit me?

Anyone know?

Cheers

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Right on the border buddy – 6' 2" is the change over size from large to X-Large, so depends how you like the feel of your bike? I prefer them slightly smaller so would go with the large rather than the XL…..no real help I know, but perhaps a trip to a local SC dealer to see what you prefer??

druidh
    Free Member

Check out the mtbr forums on this sort of question too.

snaps
    Free Member

I've ordered an XL SC Chameleon, I'm 6'1" & tried a large in the shop – it felt OK but it had a very long stem & the seat was right back.

slowrider
    Free Member

id go xl if you want to run a short stem and inline post. im 6ft and ran a large like this but it was a teeny bit cramped

KT1973
    Free Member

I'm 6' and have a large superlight and it's PLENTY big enough for me

badfink
    Free Member

My 07 Chameleon is a large, but it's not quite large enough for me at 6'4". Admittedly that's with a 65mm stem and a thomson layback with the seat pushed as far back as it'll go. 'Tis pretty uncomfortable for longer rides, but awesome for larking about on….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can you compare its measurements with what you are used to?

Coasting
    Free Member

SC bikes always seem to come up a little on the small size.If u like your bikes on the small size large will b fine.Im 6ft and have a large Superlite and Heckler and if i was your hight id definetly b going for the xl

mph16
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

I am tall, but not long legs, long body. Will get dimensions, and allow for layback and longer stem, which I always prefer any way, better leverage, as long as it doesnt tuck under. Currently running a 20 on my Pace and is lightning fast.

Anymore advice gratefully received.

M

NZCol

I'd be going XL personally. I have a Tallboy and have been riding a Blur XC carbon as well both in L and I am 5'11". They both feel really short on the TT.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I'm 6' 2"

I've got an XL Chameleon and a L Heckler. Both with a 70mm stem.

The full suspension Santa Cruz's seem to size a bit larger than the Chameleon so I'd go for the L.

But you're better off trying one before you buy. Is that possible?.

Andy

6'2" here, but v long legs, went XL superlight, dont regret it.

devs
    Free Member

6'3" here on a large Nomad. I've got short legs for my height though. Perfectly happy with the bike.

6'1" with a L Blur and an XL Chameleon.
    They both seem about right to me with a 100mm stem.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

The US santa cruz website has all the sizing and geometry, worth checking, I've been looking myself – I have an old 1999 heckler which is a medium and the new mediums work out smaller, a 'vertically challenged' friend who usually gets a small ended up getting a medium superlight.

matthewjb
    Free Member

new mediums work out smaller,

Interesting. My large Heckler is from 2004. If they've changed the sizing then maybe XL is the way to go. The XLs always look huge though.

As always, try before you buy.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I have a Blur LT2 L, with a 70mm stem. It is perfect for me, at 6ft,

I imagine you'll want more reach on the XC, so I would go up a size. Failing that, call jungle?

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

new mediums work out smaller

Yeah, but I'm going by an old frame – my old medium has a 18.5 seat tube now they are 17, and because they now have bent top tubes they have more standover height, er, or less(?) more clearance for your jewels, and I guess with more travel comes a higher bike so make the frames smaller? I've recently gone for a large superlight which worked out about the same as my old medium and I wouldn't want it smaller than my old heckler.

http://www.santacruzmtb.com/heckler/index.php?geometry=1

jfeb
    Free Member

6'3" on a Large Blur 4X (inline seatpost and 70mm stem). Great for a "toy" bike but if I were doing all-day XC rides I'd want something larger.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz sizing query’ is closed to new replies.