Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sanef Liber-T, as a Brit?
  • unstableJ
    Free Member

Lifted from a thread yesterday, does anyone have experience of using this system as a Brit? I’ve been with French residents who use it and it does save a fair bit of time.

If I’m making 2 trips down to the south of France a year (which I usually do), is it worth it?

Agree with the Troyes route. Also you can buy a ‘telepeage’ box that fastens to your windscreen and lets you use the auto lanes. The big Gare du peage have stands that sell them. Saves loads of time if it’s busy.

Wondered about that before, how easy is it to buy one en route? Don’t you have to register them?

You can buy one before you go at Sanef but it’s 40 Euros set up costs which is a bit steep, especially since you don’t actually get any money of tolls

adam1330
    Free Member

I had one a few years ago and it was great. I’ve got a car with 4 point harnesses, so it’s a real faff at the peage.

When I got mine, you had to pay a deposit, which you got back when you return the unit, so maybe the 40 euros is the refundable deposit? They were happy to have a UK credit card registered to the system.

I believe they have an office around the Reims area were you can purchase them from.

atlaz
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother for twice a year myself. I drive through France more often and it’s not much hassle to lob in a credit card.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sanef Liber-T, as a Brit?’ is closed to new replies.