Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • samuri's e-book – anyone else got it ?
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ve sent him some handy helpful proof reading hints 🙂

Drac

Yup got it.

billy.fish
    Free Member

Just grabbed it there. Cheap as the price of a cuppa.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks Chaps. As Simon says, my proof reading needs some work but I’ll be updating things as time goes on and people point out all my mistakes.

All criticisms welcomed, I’d be much happier if people are honest about what they think about these short stories as I have a lot more on the way and want to try and get any problems nailed now. (Hire a decent proof reader, – Check 😉 )

threelinks-a4 by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

duntstick
    Free Member

Harry , Brian and Morris, Colin ………..Cecil. Wtf?
    Josh, Luke and Kyle nowadays c’mon 😆

D0NK

I don’t own a kindle (or an ipad or any other tablet) can I purchase the kindle version and convert it to something else? preferably plain text or .pdb (yes sorry a bit old tech)

gray

I’ve just bought it too. I like Samuri.

duntstick
    Free Member

Free Download
    Kindle for PC

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you can get Kindle for PC, Mac, Android etc…

D0NK

cheers for the link dunt (and sfb), reading on the PC is rubbish tho, got 3 pdfs of “The Ride” I still haven’t got round to reading yet.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Are these stories about an IT professional who can’t get a locker at his new offices? Or is there more? 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Much, much more.

Death, racing, drunkeness, crashes, snappages, hard man antics and a whole variety of macho bollocks.

I admit, that does sound like my blog but it’s way better than that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cmon folks there is a review option on Amazon lets all go have some fun…not me though he lives quite close to me ,has a temper and is faster on a bike ….yours Samurai blog lurker 😉

MrSparkle

that does sound like my blog but it’s way better than that.

Thank God for that… 😉

billy.fish
    Free Member

Cmon folks there is a review option on Amazon lets all go have some fun…not me though he lives quite close to me ,has a temper and is faster on a bike ….yours Samurai blog lurker

Have to read it first 🙂

Where did i leave my new mug and coffee….

sadmadalan

Just lobbed my 70p into the Amazon bucket – will give me something to read while waiting somewhere while son number 2 finishes cricket practice!

miketually
    Free Member
    backhander
    Free Member

Is it MTB or road based or both?

samuri
    Free Member

Both. And a hybrid.

samuri
    Free Member

Done Mike, that looks much better than mine. 😉
    Bang goes my commission so far.

/tears up resignation letter.

thepodge
    Free Member

so whats the deal? can anyone submit something and have it e-published?

samuri
    Free Member

Yep. You need an amazon account but that’s easy enough to set up and free.
    Then you write your content. You have to convert it to HTML format. Now there are utilities to do this or you can do it youself. It’s very basic HTML but I advise using CSS to ensure everything looks the same. You can submit the content to amazon in a number of formats but you get no control over it then.

Once you have the content, you’re ready to go. Fill in a few questions, upload the content, preview it, set the price. You then have to wait about 24 hours while amazon do something to it. Not sure what. Then it’s up and you can find it by searching amazon normally.

you get a login to their publishing page through your amazon account and you can get reports on how many you’ve sold and how rich you are. Pluis there’s a forum with loads of useful advice.

In the UK you typically make 35% on each sale and can go in at around 75p per book for your first sale.

start here
    https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I bought it too am intreagued and for 70p why not?

afrothunder88

I admit, that does sound like my blog but it’s way better than that.

Sounds good to me!

Purchased it this morning but it still hasn’t appeared in Kindle on my Android phone yet?!

tomlevell

I think I’ve only payed 61p for it due to buying in dollars.
    Well the nice lady at the credit card company said that when they thought it was fraud…
    Maybe it’s just the writer who’s a fraud :0)

RobHilton
    Free Member

@ miketually’s link – what is “Kök & Tvätt” meaning?
    Or do I have to buy it to find out?

miketually
    Free Member

@ miketually’s link – what is “Kök & Tvätt” meaning?

They saw them written on two doors in the first camsite they went to in Sweden (I think). As they sound rather like two English words, they assumed they were the male and female toilets but they turned out to be the kitchen and laundry or something.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

what riches so far ?

thepodge
    Free Member

my dads girlfriend is a writer, I’ll have to mention it to her

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well good luck Samuri is all I can say. I am proofreading my book right now and it is a total pain, although I have to say it is extremely nice to have the first real copy in my hands as opposed to a Kindle version.

samuri
    Free Member

Sold about 25 copies so far. Probably about 6 quid profit.

Even if that’s as far as it goes it’s a success as far as I’m concerned. I understand the process now, I know where I made mistakes and how to correct them. Proof reading is like measuring and cutting.

Proof read twice, publish once. Don’t dumb down, don’t write it like a magazine article, don’t try and rush it out.

epicyclo

We should all ‘Like’ it on FaceBook it and see what happens to sales.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Don’t dumb down, don’t write it like a magazine article

and consider your target audience. You often explain things most cyclists would already be fully aware of!

GregMay
    Free Member

If i read the word Harry again I’ll stab something.

Saying that, quite enjoyed the latter part of the story ..after…the explanation of how awesome he was etc 🙂

Second story coming up now

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘samuri's e-book – anyone else got it ?’ is closed to new replies.