Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Salsa Spearfish opinions?
  • Bream
    Free Member

Looking to buy a FS 29er ASAP after selling my Anthem, ideally wanted a Tallboy but just can’t part with the cash required for a new one.

So now eyeing up a Spearfish as it’s very well priced and reviews seem good, plus Salsa said they’d honour their warranty for me in Sweden.

So, any reason why I shouldn’t buy one?

And does anyone know of somewhere with the size large frame in stock? As they seem to have sold out pretty quick, next delivery isn’t until June!

rootes1

not fancy a 29er Anthem?

TimCotic
    Free Member

I saw a pic of a bright green one on here a few months back. It looked very pretty – like a large wheeled Nicolai Helios. Don’t know how the Salsa rides but I understand the Anthem 29er is pretty good.

charliedontsurf

I got my hands on a spearfish at our demo day yesterday and was really impressed. Climbing was incredible, almost like a Hardtail and it just flies downhill.
    We are keeping hold of salsa’s bike for a bit longer. And also stocking up on complete spearfish bikes. The asking price is looking like £2200 and £2800 or maybe a little less, two spec choices.

MrTall
    Free Member

Looked at the one on the Salsa stand at mayhem this year and it looked very nice (size 18″ so didn’t ride it). It’s noticeably lighter than my Salsa Big Mama and as always with Salsa it’s nicely finished.

I’ve got 2 Salsas and i love the way they both ride. I’d love to have a test ride on a Spearfish but getting hold of one in 22″ is not easy

charliedontsurf

Mr tall. We will have a 20″ demo and can figure out a way to get you on a 22″ demo too.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

They look like a great bike, I’m head over heels with my new Ala Carte but the Sprearfish was the other bike on my list of possibles oh and a Pugsley (that’s next :roll:), I just had too much new 26″ stuff to make the jump to a 29er.

nice bit here about one

rootes1

cheers to Charlie for the demo day… had a go on a SIR 9 and a Surly Big Dummy! nice demo day and excellent pub!

shame could not test the spearfish – just too small- i would also need a 22″.. demo for the tall quite a issue!

but did follow a guy testing it. looked very stable and with no obvious bob etc – seems to work like a soft (VERY) soft tail rather than full sus and looks ideal.. looks a really nice design – simple

on the subject of big 29ers..

what is also a shame is that Giant UK are not bringing in the slx speced Anthem X 29 3

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/anthem.x.29er.3/8085/46579/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Spearfish opinions?’ is closed to new replies.