Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sales and discount codes
  • aracer
    Free Member

It strikes me that there have been a remarkable amount of sales and discount codes pre-Christmas this year in the bicycle trade – it seems every day I get e-mails from several big mail order places announcing new or extended discounts. Are times really tough in the bicycle trade that they’re trying to attract every bit of custom, or has it just turned into a self-fulfilling price war between the big players? It just seems so strange to have this level of discount in the present buying period. Can we expect even bigger discounts after Christmas, or are they already cutting stuff as tight as they can?

Not that I’m complaining mind!

Oh, and if anybody needs a discount at CRC, here’s one for £10 off (though you have to spend £75). Fastest fingers wins:
    UK10

float
    Free Member

maybe a bit of a price war going on disguised as christmas sales…?

ojom
    Free Member

Tight margins + overheads + high levels of stock and poor stock turnover + shrinking market = get rid of stock.

5lab

do crc really get that much extra out of crimbo though? Full bikes perhaps, but I would expect most sales of them to be high street

althepal

Crc and others I’m guessing, buy in bulk and cheap, then shift it. Margins are low but turnover high.
    I’m guessing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sales and discount codes’ is closed to new replies.