Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saint rear derailleur
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

was out today on my alpine and my chain snapped so i just stuck a powerlink on it, i think the chain is worn but now when it gets into 8th or 8th gear the chain keeps jumping on the bottom jockey wheel and is pulling the derailleur forward like its not inline with it but it is, cant work out whats going on?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

sorry 8th or 9th gear*

nicko74

Could be a stiff link, tbh, which might fit with having put a new (power)link in. Should be fairly easy to check and resolve?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

no because it dosent pull when its on the power link, ive oiled the chain and what not and still pulls to the side, ill buy a new chain as its snapped so must mean its worn so going to need a new one and hopefully it will sort the problem

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Twisted chain, bent mech hanger, dirty chain/jockey wheels/cassete, badly indexed gears?

Also if you’re replacing a worn out chain the chances are the new chain will skip on the old teeth of the old rings.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeh i bet the chain is twisted because the bike was fine before the chain flew off and i hadent hit anything or anything else to be wrong it was just as i was starting to pedal down a run and it came off lol :/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saint rear derailleur’ is closed to new replies.