Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Saint Chainsets……
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

FC-M815-1 is for single rings. I’ve looked at pictures on the net, but not found anything conclusive. It has 4 holes in about the right position to fit a granny ring, but I can’t tell if they’re threaded or not, does anyone know?

It could be that FC-M815-2 just comes with the second chain ring, but the crank spiders are identical.

I’m asking because I have an inner-bashguard plate thing that I will use with these, but it’s drilled to either mount to the granny ring holes or to use the same bolts as the outer bashguard and single chainring.

I could do with knowing if I need some longer chainring bolts to accomodate and also, if I do, how long do those bolts need to be?

Cheers.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

No one?

passtherizla
    Free Member

don’t klnow the answer to your question but what inner bashguard plate are you using? and do you reckon it would help with chain drops?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’ve got a Blackspire Inner Guard (£20 CRC).

I can’t see why it wouldn’t stop it, but most people don’t use them, so I’m suspicious. I’ve mentioned it a few times here and on other forums and no one has told me it won’t work. I’m just going to see how I get on and take it from there. The alternatives are very expensive and prone to getting smashed on rocks.

passtherizla
    Free Member

cheers dude, that looks just the ticket!

Replaces the granny ring to help retain the chain on mid-ring/Bashring setups. Becomes an affordable alternative to a chainguide when paired up with the Blackspire Stinger

this is especially confidence inspiring as I’m running the stinger as it is.

BruceM
    Free Member

I’ve got an M810-1 Crank sitting in front of me, they are not threaded. The main Outer/Middle ring tab is approx 5mm thick if that’s of any use

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks. That’s what I thought. So I’ll need longer chainring bolts then. Do you have the Saint bashring and chainring attached and if so, how long are your chainring bolts?

Thinking about it, I probably can’t sort the bolts out until I know whether I’ve got a saint bashguard coming or not – one of those ambiguous ebay auctions where the pictures show no bash, but the description does. If I have to use a different bash I might need different length bolts. Such a pain!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Saint Chainsets……’ is closed to new replies.