Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sage or World pay? any thoughts
  • Englishmastiff
    Free Member

I am setting up a business at the moment and need to get online payments. I have looked at the big two, Sage and World Pay but can't decide between the two. Low volume, say 250-300 transactions a month.
    Any retail business owners out there who can help?

Pigface
    Free Member

My ex used SAGE to do the wages and all running costs for the nursery she owned, rated it highly and she was a total computer geek.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

we use both. we had a couple of issues with protx/sage in the past and so installed worldpay as our backup option.

We now use Worldpay for people who are paying in full, and Sage for installments. The sage installment system means we don't store any credit card information just a code that sage give us when we set the installments up.

Worldpay do seem to hang onto alot of our money each month, we get about half paid into our account and they keep the rest till next month to cover refunds.

You might want to ask your bank which one they prefer, or which they are affiliated with, as you may get a better rate.

Englishmastiff
    Free Member

Thanks for that, very helpful. My bank is Nat West who are connected to WP so I don't think I will get an unbiased opinion from them, hence the posting. Thanks all.

singletracksurfer

what did you end up doing & how is it going?

I am looking into this too (and similar situation, with Nat West).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sage or World pay? any thoughts’ is closed to new replies.