Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Saddle bags
  • chubby_monk
    Free Member

Any saddle bags out there that have a decent zip that won't fail after a few openings?

RealMan
    Free Member

My topeak ones been going strong for quite a while now.

chubby_monk
    Free Member

Ta, I shall take a look.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Arkel make an excellent one:

http://www.arkelpanniers.co.uk/uk/all-categories/seat-bags-trunk-bags/seat-bag.html

It has no zips, is totally waterproof and dead easy to use. Perfect.

Rochey
    Free Member

I have one or two lying around it you are interested?

Timmo
    Free Member

my topeak ones lasting well on the zip front although the stitching on the top has come apart for a couple of inch's but does have 2 tubes, puncture kits and tools etc in it,
    i think its a topeak Aero medium?? (not the posh clip on version but the straps one!)

tinribz
    Free Member

No one gonna mention Carradice?

Also worth looking at some of the barbags with Klick-Fix, get a seatpost adapter and you have two bags the price of one!

cinnamon_girl

Another vote for Topeak but the straps are coming away. Zip still works. Have just changed to an Ortlieb one which is waterproof.

chubby_monk
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Rochey – what have you got and what do you want for them (email in profile if you'd prefer)?

I am a bit intrigued by the Arkle one for the minute though. Might have to give that some thought.

aP
    Free Member

We have a brace of the Arkel seatpacks – they work really well and have been trouble free for 2 years so far. Ordered via their website and got a nice hand written note saying that they hoped we liked them and if we got any good photos with them in they'd like to see them!
    Not cheap mind, but pretty robust and pretty darn functional.

Edric64
    Free Member

+1 for Carradice for a proper saddlebag you can get things in!

richmars

I like Topeak stuff but I had a zip fail one night ride and I lost my car keys. Major panic retracine our route and luckily we found them. Zip failure was partly my fault for overfilling the bag but it was a good lesson learnt. I now have a small velcro strap inside the bag which I put the keys on and fix the strap to a loop inside the bag, so even it the zip is open the keys stay in.

voodoo-rich

tinribz- what's that bag on your cotic on this thread? http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/good-old-fashioned-picture-thread/page/3

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My cheep toy shop one never fell apart?

Now just electrical tape a spare tube and glueless patches and levers under the saddle.

tinribz
    Free Member

tinribz- what's that bag on your cotic on this thread? http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/good-old-fashioned-picture-thread/page/3

It's a cannondale Ogpod. Strictly speaking a barbag but I got seatpost Klickfix attatchment.

Got mine in a CRC sale for half price. Use it as a barbag too when touring. Nice day-size for water-proofs, camera, snacks etc. Don't notice it when riding.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Saddle bags’ is closed to new replies.