Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sadde width
  • smartay

Hi All

Rode the other day from home to llandegla, then a mix of blue/red then home.
    Total distance of 20 to 25 miles

Now I;ve got aching “Sit Bones”

So do I need a wider or narrower saddle, oh and I ride a hard tail

Nobby

That depends on (a) how wide your current saddle is and (b) how far apart your sit bones are. 😉

Go to a Spesh or Bonty dealer & get your ar5e measured then start looking at saddle widths.

smartay

Hoping to take delivery of an Allez from Specilized shop next week through C2W, will ask relevend question! Bike fit costs £120 ish

Just wonder should the saddle be between bones or should you be sitting on then, or is it just old age!!

d45yth
    Free Member

You should definitely be sitting on them…that’s why they’re called sit bones!
    If they’re a specialized dealer they should have demo saddles for you to try. They’ll get you to sit on some corrugated cardboard to measure the distance between the bones (this is free) and should sort you out with the corresponding saddle before you buy (Might have to pay a tenner but you’ll get this knocked off it you buy one).
    I was sceptical about it but had some problems myself, got measured up and everything’s sorted…My old saddles were way to narrow for me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sadde width’ is closed to new replies.