Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rye – Eastbourne area rides
  • grynch
    Free Member

hiya,
    while nothing is carved in stone but it looks like the mrs. and I will be moving… probably later this year to the general area of Eastbourne – Rye ( moving from Switzerland )

and.. just curious… obviously there are no mountains there but who can tell me about any riding in the area?.. even *gasp* road rides.

rewski
    Free Member

Eastbourne end of the South Downs has loads of great off road, steeper than you’d imagine, then theres Friston Forest for natural singletrack, Abbots Wood, Stanmer Park near Brighton, Bedgebery, Pevensey Bay to Hastings 1066 ride, there’s also ride along the canal in Rye too. I spend most of Spring and Summer in Sussex, lovely part of the UK, Enigma bikes are also based in Westham.

EDIT: not quite Swiss alps though 😉

grynch
    Free Member

thanks Rewski … truth be told for various reason I’ve been mostly off the bike for a couple of years.. no not many Alps for me either but I’m looking to get back to some serious riding ( farewell riding this year ) and get myself back in shape for handling those downs.

😉

Bear
    Free Member

some reasonable riding if you head the other way into Kent too. Lyminge forest / Covet Wood area is nice. Regular group meet near Hythe every Thursday based on the Activ shop in Folkestone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rye – Eastbourne area rides’ is closed to new replies.