• This topic has 45 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Ryan Airs profits down 24%
  • grunty
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10693922

Oh my heart bleeds you **** whinging Irish ****t.

"Ryanair repeated its argument against the rules in its latest results statement, saying that airlines operated under a far more restrictive regime than rival modes of transport, such as ferries and buses."

Thems is the rules, if you don't like it don't operate an airline.

Twunt!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

have you had a bad experince with ryanair or you dislike irish?

I use them almost on a weekly basis and there service is quite good.

grunty
    Free Member

can't stand the whinging Irishman!

cynic-al
    Free Member

They are fine 'til something goes wrong, thanksfully I've yet to have a problem.

dickydutch

Ive had problems with them and found them to be unbearable to deal with. I will never, in a million years, ever give that irish tosser another penny of my cash.

crazy-legs

They are fine 'til something goes wrong, thankfully I've yet to have a problem.

+1. Return flight to Spain for £8.02 all in a while ago was fine with me. 🙂
    If you can play their game you're alright, as soon as anything goes wrong and you want a refund…forget it.

Pook

*Ryanair.

I've never had a problem with them.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I suppose it's all down to experiences. I will never fly BA, not giving that 'english twunt' (if the nationality of the chairman has anything to do with it) as I've had shocking treatment from them.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would choose BA as my first choice on my most travelled route. They are consistently the best. Funny that!

alexxx
    Free Member

to be shure

jon1973
    Free Member

I hate travelling with BA.

As soon as you get anywhere near an airport he starts saying stuff like "I ain't gettin' on plane fool"

duntmatter
    Free Member

😆

TheFlyingOx

In related news, Ryanair to increase airfares by 24%.

tails
    Free Member

I suppose it's all down to experiences. I will never fly BA, not giving that 'english twunt' (if the nationality of the chairman has anything to do with it) as I've had shocking treatment from them.

mmmm The CEO is actually Irish 😆

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

irish/english it's all the same to me 😀

kimbers

the least bike friendly airline ive ever encountered

and as for hidden charges……..

last year advertised 5 quid each way to grenoble, so i was gonna fly out with them for the mega

final cost with bike…… 135 quid

which still isnt a bad price but its just all the bullcr@p and extra charges they tack on alonmg the way that annoys me

basically they lie to you on the website so i dont trust them
    doesnt help that the oleary is a whinging tossbag either

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think my perception of Ryanair as an organisation with an acute psychiatric illness is purely down to the efforts of the Daily Mash, but I've never succeeded in getting a cheap deal out of a budget airline, so I just get a moderately expensive deal out of a proper airline instead. It costs the same, but causes less anguish. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

American Airlines charged me £250 or so to take my bike to America. Rode it twice 🙁

It's free with BA.

uplink
    Free Member

I've used them a few times & they've been fine
    The one time it went wrong was horrendous though – the flight was cancelled & I was left with finding my own way home from Gerona with a disabled wife in a wheelchair & 3 kids in tow
    We were basically told to f off

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

my 'work' commute £104 return Ryanair, 1 hr 10mins direct flight. No crap sandwiches or free drinks, so I usually spend another £6 buying water & snacks at the airport. Leave office at 12.00 Friday in my house 4.30pm. Delays at most 1.5hrs.

BA or KLM. £400 return, flight connection through London/Amsterdam, 4 to 6 hrs journey. Leave office at 12.00 Friday, home at 7.30 or 9.45. Delays overnighter in some crappy airport hotel to get up again for a redeye.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Ryanairs PROFITS down 24%

Have a look at the financial situation of the other airlines, including BA. They would be delighted to have made any profit in the last 2 years.

Must be doing something right.

thomthumb
    Free Member

it is worth going on ryanair every few years just to remind you actually how good flybe, easyjet et al. actually are.

at least the others don't sell you a scratch card.

having said that the ryan air hostess did give me her number, shame she looked like her make up was applied by a colourblind maniac with an assult rifle.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lobby, you are lucky. Every time I've tried to do a work-related journey on a budget airline I get the opposite result.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

The thought of even flying with Ryanair makes me heave, all the best those that do. I tend to believe you get what you pay for in life.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Crap service? I had flights booked with Lufthansa and they changed the flights without telling me. I had booked seats onto an Edunburgh-frankfurt flight, and then found out that the flight had been cancelled and I'd been transferred onto EDI-LHR then LHR-FRA. leaving Edinburgh 30 minutes earlier. They had also cancelled my Portland-Frankfurt flight and re-routed me from Seattle, again without seeing the need to tell me, even though internal US flights were booked through them. And this was all business class. At least when Ryanair treat you like sh1t, they don't charge a fortune for the pleasure of shafting you.

uplink
    Free Member

Ryanair wouldn't have transferred you though
    They'd have simply said no & pulled the shutter down on the kiosk in your face @ midnight

molgrips
    Free Member

Lufthansa are also crap, would not fly with them either 🙂

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I've done between 50 and 150 flights a year for the last 10 years and flown with most airlines in Europe and the US. The only one I absolutely avoid at all costs is Ryanair because of their customer service, actual vs headline pricing, and questionable operating practices.

The airlines that run Ryanair close are TAP and Iberia. BA consistently the best IME

duntmatter
    Free Member
    Edric64
    Free Member

Me and the missus flew to Dublin from Bristol for free with Ryanair .Something to do with flights or seats not being sold .Yes totally free I took her to Dublin just for lunch on her 40th

ziggy
    Free Member

I'm still waiting for a refund for my cancelled flight when ash was big news. Passed it on to the CC company now.

For me though it's charges like £5 each way unless you have a really specific pre paid CC, or £40 if you don't check in online, £40 ferkin' pounds!

tonyg2003

Ryanair – you get what you pay for. As long as you play the "game" – handluggage only, book on-line, expect no help if anything goes wrong (yep had the told to f-off at 7pm Friday evening in Austria with no more flights for 3 days), don't buy any food of them, expect no pleasant treatment – then it's a cheap seat for a hour or two to get somewhere.

Expect anything else and you will be sorely disappointed.I fly a huge amount to Europe and rest of world and I book Ryanair occassionally (they are my least favourite airline) but I have low expectations – which they usually meet.

For millions of people they have provided air travel which they couldn't otherwise afford – which can be a bad thing.

konabunny
    Free Member

Agree with Tony. Don't expect anything but to get there within a 12 hour window of when you're scheduled to, and you'll be fine.

American Airlines charged me £250 or so to take my bike to America. Rode it twice

It's free with BA.
    Really? I paid $100 with AA. They're crap but they were quite often cheaper than Air India between London and New York for a couple of years.

BA, OTOH – bunch of snotty, incompetent, smug **** for the most part. Crap food, crap IFE. Can't *stand* them. I'd practically rather fly RyanAir.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

When you add up all the hidden charges with Ryanair, and the time and cost of getting to where you actually want to be from the grubby little airport they fly into, it's often quicker and as cheap to fly with a full service airline. Trouble is people don't even bother to check because they assume Ryanair will be much cheaper

falk1
    Free Member

having said that the ryan air hostess did give me her number, shame she looked like her make up was applied by a colourblind maniac with an assult rifle.

lol, think thats a stipulation – extra precaution in case of engine failure. The make-up would light up like the guiding stripes on the floor. But seriously I hate flying Ryanair. Its never worked out cheaper for me.

badnewz
    Free Member

Ryan air is profitable yes and BA and most major airlines are jealous. It runs a super streamlined business model with tiny margins so they need a lot of passengers to make it work – obviously people are not going abroad as much so they are getting hit
    BUT the main reason they make profits as opposed to BA is that they enjoy massive government subsidies from the countries they fly to as they want to develop their tourism.

nickc

so I just get a moderately expensive deal out of a proper airline instead

…and the reason why your flight was only moderately expensive, as opposed to wallet rapingly expensive was of course because of budget airlines…Remember it wasn't that long ago that BA claimed the cheapest flight they could ever do to Dublin was £99.00

You may not like the man personally but what for what he's done to the cosy monopoly price fixing old flag airlines, I'd stand him a pint at the bar.

molgrips
    Free Member

Really? I paid $100 with AA.

It was meant to be something like $150 each way, but actually thinking about it the lady at Heathrow only charged me the excess baggage fee rather than the bike fee. So it was $200, should've been $300. Outrageous.

BA, OTOH – bunch of snotty, incompetent, smug **** for the most part. Crap food, crap IFE

Weird. Food is the best I've had on my route and the IFE was dozens of on-demand films. The staff did all sorts of things above and beyond the procedures to help us out when flying with a baby – like heating up a meal for us outside of mealtimes, or letting me sit in one of their seats to eat because my seat had a sleeping baby etc etc. American, by contrast, weren't actually allowed to do anything like that, although a few did out of pity – despite glares and chastisements from their colleagues (infront of me). American Airlines staff are usually grumpy and short with us, the opposite to BA.

American Airlines in-flight entertainment last time we flew was two films on communal screens, as was United. Virgin had the same system that they had when I first flew with them in 2000 – about 8 or so on a loop, as opposed to dozens on demand with BA.

This is all on Heathrow to Chicago btw.

Junkyard
    Free Member

saying that airlines operated under a far more restrictive regime than rival modes of transport, such as ferries and buses

Yes the tax on air fuel is really crippling their competitiveness realative to other modes of transport. It is tragic that this year they may make less than £1 million pounds profit per day at this current rate.. see we are all in this together

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

For all the people that are frequent flyers and would only use Ryanair as a last option, is this your personal money or on company accounts?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Ryan Airs profits down 24%’ is closed to new replies.