Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Rush tickets
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Don’t suppose anyone on here has access to any of the pre-sales and can get me tickets? The public sale is on Friday, but I don’t want to run the risk of waiting and maybe not getting some.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

are they still touring? jeez. Even more surprising is that there will be a take that-esque demand for the tickets.

I thought they had quietly faded away.

kennyp
    Free Member

Still touring, new album out next year and sounding better than ever.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rush rock. FACT

plumber
    Free Member

£75 a ticket

Given how good they were last time – its almost worth it

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i’m just back from googling them. I have every album up to power windows and just lost interest in them- I think it started with Signals for me.

I saw them on the Signals tour and they were brilliant. Looking at their discography, a lot of the albums since Power Windows have been live or what looks like compilations or reworking of old stuff..

Have they given up on trying to be New Romantics then?

plumber
    Free Member

Last album was great and I’m not even a fan

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

£75 a ticket? outrageous ticket prices nowadays

footflaps

I think tour tickets are the main revenue stream now for bands, hence the high prices. Will be buying one if I can get one.

Highly recommend the film of their history – Beyond the Lighted Stage – a really good watch.

Edric64
    Free Member

Are they really that much? I saw Nickelback a couple of years ago at the NEC for about 35 quid

philconsequence
    Free Member

i slappa da bass

footflaps

Whenever I listen to Signals it takes me back to Sixth Form College – fantastic album and my introduction to Rush…

SaxonRider

Edric 64 – Member
    Are they really that much? I saw Nickelback a couple of years ago at the NEC for about 35 quid

That’s because Nickelback sucks.

kennyp
    Free Member

Just managed to get tickets for Glasgow and Sheffield. Am now considering Newcastle and Manchester!

Not cheap, but a 3 hour concert by the best band in the world by a mile is still good value in my book (mind you, MrsKenny is going to go ape when the credit card bill comes in!).

And as I’m thinking of getting a Hemlock next year I might combine the Sheffield trip with a trip to 18 Bikes, who used to have demo versions I think.

LabWormy

Hopefully these links will work:

PRE-SALE for Glasgow, Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham, & London shows:

As of 9AM GMT on Tuesday November 23rd, you can go to this link or call the number below – using the password “BU2B”

Pre-sale link: http://minisite.ticketline.co.uk

7 real studio albums since Power Windows, with an 8th on the way. Given how long they have been going and a 5 year hiatus when Peart’s wife and daughter died within months of each other, it does not seem too shabby.

Credit card has just exploded on the ticket prices though. I seem to rememeber the reunion tour about 5-6 years ago (when Peart had recovered) tickets were £35…. but they are as trendy as they have ever been at the mo.

LabWormy

Double post, along with the message board giving me a Simon and Garfunkel quote about “slow down, you move too fast”

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers LabWormy. Just got the same link on Facebook.

plumber
    Free Member

Given that I’m not a fan and don’t own any of their albums but having seen them twice.

I think i’d be prepared to concede they are the best band in the world

Weird but true

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Closer to the Heart from Exit Stage Left got me into them. I think because it was recorded at the legendary Apollo.

Waderider
    Free Member

I went to see them on their last tour in spite of the fact I stopped listening to them regularly over a decade ago. It was pretty impressive – they can actually play the instruments. I think they could be the next big thing!

They mightn’t be cool….but they are real 😀

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

but they are as trendy as they have ever been at the mo.

I think the Trailer Park Boys made them trendy in Canada again. Bubbles playing closer to the heart was genius.

LabWormy

They are the next big thing ….

Rush on the Beeb

Do not go following the hunting links to “Time Stand Still” by Nelly F. It is awful. As someone says some where on the youtube comments, it is why no-one ever covers them – they can’t be done better.

chrispalmr
    Free Member

I’ve been a Rush fan since I was 12. That’s a long time ago. I saw them on the R30 and Snakes & Arrows tours. Unfortunately, I can’t justify £75 a pop right now, and to be honest whilst I *love* Rush’s live performance, I found the audience’s general air of detached boredom at the two shows I’ve attended to be very depressing.

Why would you spend that kind of money to sit in a seat and watch them play on a big screen without even so much as tapping your foot? I can do that in my living room.

Feel very bad that I won’t be seeing them (I feel like I’m letting them down :D), but not this time.

kennyp
    Free Member

Not many of the tickets are £75. Most are about £59. Still not exactly cheap I know.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Seen them 18 times since the Signals tour and yes £81.50 (£6.50 booking fee on top of the front seat tickets)
    is ALOT of money for a gig but………………….
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rush-time-machine-tour-2011

chrispalmr
    Free Member

The fact that I didn’t get the pre-sale notice from rush.com and that by Friday all good tickets will be gone has nothing to do with my decision.

I did try the link above, but it came back all ‘404 forbidden’!

Any other suggestions?

LabWormy

Try this.

I tried pasting a big chunk from a HTML style email last time. This is the direct link. Still need the password from above.

chrispalmr
    Free Member

Oh well, there went my self-restraint.

Sheffield, Block C Row 26.

Yipppeeeee!!!!!
    😀 😀 😀 😀

kennyp
    Free Member

Good news Chris. You won’t regret it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jeezo – how olda re they now? Still playing the same stuff? 2112 must be one of the most pretentious albums ever.

I saw them live back in the 70s a couple of times – 2112 tour IIRC- it was excusable then but now??

chrispalmr
    Free Member

I know I won’t.

R30 tour was good, on floor at NEC so had some atmosphere. Plus it was on my birthday, and seeing Rush live was the culmination of a ~15yr ambition. I’d missed the Roll the Bones tour as I was ill, and when they didn’t tour Europe on Counterparts or Vapor Trails, I figured they’d given up on Europe.

I did find the atmosphere at the S&A tour bad; I was in the stands to the Right side at the NEC. EVERYONE was sitting down; I didn’t see a single person moving in the stands; the floor didn’t look much livelier. I just find it bizarre – I know we’re all getting a bit long in the tooth, but if the band can put on that kind of performance it seems polite to at least display a pulse!

chrispalmr
    Free Member

TJ, one of my reasons for liking Rush so much is that they haven’t stood still or rested on their laurels; their music has constantly evolved, developed and changed. Most fans I know have periods of their work they like less (or even dislike) – I’m actually not that much of a fan of the 2112 era (heresy) and the less said about Hold Your Fire the better. But RTB, Counterparts, S&A (most recently) have been fantastic.

If you’ve ever seen Rush in an interview, pretentious is not the word that springs to mind!

kennyp
    Free Member

TJ. 2112 is certainly a bit over the top, but it’s a product of its time. As for Rush being pretentious, they play videos as part of their show that absolutely take the piss out themselves. Google “south park tom sawyer youtube” and you’ll see what I mean. It would be hard to meet three less pretentious blokes.

And the music has changed hugely over the years.

Oh, and Caress of Steel was actually much better than 2112. I reckon.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fair enough – I listened to 2112 recently and couldn’t believe the pretension in it ” we are the priests………….”

If they have genuinely moved on then good for them – too many bands of that ear have not and are still playing the same old stuff dressed up in a different way

It was great at the time mind you – I loved the concert..

kennyp
    Free Member

The “we are the priests of the temples of syrinx” (which does sound very 1970s I admit) line is sometimes sung as “we are the plumbers who’ve come to fix your sinks”.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Pre sale on today – Wed from 9am – for Brum see the ticket factory web site. Others see ticketmaster.

Missed the rush.com presale as the email was late turning up 🙁 but got block B for NEC today !!!! WOO HOO.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

i slappa da bass

I’m glad it’s not just me that enjoys crap films.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Rush tickets’ is closed to new replies.