Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Running Shoes Again
  • Haze

Upped my mileage a little today, around 7 from my usual steady 4.

It’s left me with two very painful knees and looking to my shoes which are probably due a change.

Currently using New Balance MT840’s which have served me well as most of my running is off road, but my search for longer outings is likely to start involving more hard pack and possibly roads to help link stuff up.

Realise I’m probably looking for the holy grail, and I know I should (and will) go and get my gait looked at but…any suggestions for a decent all-rounder, do they exist?

Could do with a nudge in the right direction, cheers in advance…

dobo
    Free Member

everyones different, you will get a 100 different answers but id be surprised if your shoes are the cause for your painful knees, most likely your poor running style, overweight, not used the the distance, genes, biomechanics etc

I’m using Salomon for my off road work

almost forgot STRETCH!

smogmonster

Im gonna be really dull and say go to your local running shop if youre heading on to the black stuff. I ran for years with the wrong trainers and suffered shin splints..a trip to a decent shop analysed my gait, sold me the appropriate trainers, and hey presto, no more injuries.

Haze

Yeah kind of expected that, just wondering what folk are using to give me some idea of where to look.

Definitely feel I could do with a bit more cushioning, the NB’s seem pretty minimal to me and are getting on a bit anyway.

It’s possibly likely to be the increased mileage, I’ve struggled with my knees around the 5 mile mark in the past.

Otherwise I was fine with the distance, would love to keep it more regular but wondering if my shoes need to change with the terrain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Running Shoes Again’ is closed to new replies.