Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Running machines – What, where and how much?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

Living in a rural and unlit location makes an evening run a hazardous affair at this time of night, so I’m looking into splashing out on a running machine.

I realise the market is huge and I’m certainly not willing to spend a grand plus on one, but can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Buy a decent cross trainer instead, that’s what I did and its perfect for winter evenings in front of a telly!

anonymouse
    Free Member
    natrix
    Free Member

I got my wife a confidence power plus like this:
    http://www.thesportshq.com/confidence-power-plus-motorised-treadmill.aspx?affiliate=cse_google&utm_source=google&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=CIPOs_v3vroCFceWtAodm1UA0Q

It was shop soiled so I get it for less than £100. It folds up for easy storage and she gets on with well. So far (several months use) it has been fine.

I think you need to decide if you are going to leave it permanentlty set up or not, so you can choose between folding or not.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

I bought ours via ebay, theres generally always a few on there locally, kept it in the garage and we’ve both used it a fair amount over the last couple of years. Cost me about £150 but had to collect and shift it.

Got to get rid now as in the process of downsizing and relocating so therea a bargain to be had if your interested.

JCL
    Free Member

Running indoors. The pinnacle of human boredom.

piemonster

Running indoors. The pinnacle of human boredom.

Closely followed by cycling indoors.

At least on the Turbo Trainer I can eat crisps at the same time.

joshvegas
    Free Member

purchase trail shoes

purchase head light

run

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`ll repeat the advice I once saw on here:

“Buy the one that looks best with clothes hung off it – coz that’s what it`ll be used for in a couple of weeks”

Made me laugh at the time……… I still have ours folded up in the corner of the kitchen, where it has been since 2 weeks after buying it 😳

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I second this

“Buy the one that looks best with clothes hung off it – coz that’s what it`ll be used for in a couple of weeks”

IF you do end up using it regularly you will be one of a many few who own home fittness equipment and acctually use it. My other half spoke about how it would be easier for her to do a bit of post work exersise if we had a cycling machine. We borrowed one from her sister (which doesnt get used) and shock horror it got used twice.

Download some of the current fitness trends insanity/px90. you wont use them any more than you would have the running machine but they will take up far less space.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

anonymouse – Member
    £15

^ This

Went out for an off road/ road run last night with that Alpkit headtorch, it was great! Much, much better than a treadmill.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Running machines – What, where and how much?’ is closed to new replies.